From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Rodrigo Roa Duterte (born March 28, 1945 in Maasin, Leyte) is the incumbent vice mayor and former mayor of Davao City. He was first elected 1987 and twice re-elected. He quit the office due to term limits and became a Congressman for the 1st District of Davao City in Manila from 1998 to 2001. That year, he ran again for mayor in Davao and was again elected. In 2004, he was re-elected again.
Under Duterte's mayorship, the crime rate in Davao has dropped drastically, to the point that the local tourist board can advertise the city as "the most peaceful city in Southeast Asia". Duterte, who has been called "The Punisher" by the Time (magazine)|Time magazine, has been criticized repeatedly by some locals and by Amnesty International for having or at least allowing small criminals, often teenagers involve in criminal cases such as drugs and robbery, being executed by death squads.
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines, Member
- Davao Lions International - Chinatown chapter, Member
- Davao Practical Shooting Association, Member
- On Any Sunday Riders, Member
 External Link
- Rodrigo Duterte's Personal Information(Accessed on May 12, 2009)
- Mayor's Bio Data(Accessed on May 12, 2009)