From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Randy Misael Sebastian Dellosa, popularly known as Dr. Randy Dellosa is a psychologist and psychiatrist in the Philippines. He is popular as the resident psychiatrist in the Pinoy Big Brother and Pinoy Dream Academy reality shows of ABS-CBN Network.
Dellosa holds both a Doctor of Medicine, a Doctor of Psychology, and a Diplomate in Psychiatry. He is the first and so far the only Filipino who is both a psychiatrist (M.D.) and a doctor of psychology (Psy.D.). He is the only Filipino to have undergone intensive training in Europe for psychotherapy and various healing arts.
Dellosa is a propagator of the current Human Potential Movement in the Philippines. He is an active proponent and pioneer of expressive, experiential, and somatic psychotherapies in the Philippines and has a Gestalt-Ericksonian-Existential-Transpersonal orientation to psychotherapy.
 Counseling and coaching experience
Dellosa has identified himself to be a life coach, counselor, psychotherapist, psychologist, physician, and psychiatrist. His work deals with helping people heal from their physical, emotional, mental, relational, and spiritual problems.
With over twenty years of counseling and psychotherapy work, Dellosa claims credit to having assisted thousands of people in attaining their fullest human potential and spiritual growth. In his website, it has been claimed that:
- People are drawn to him because he takes time to listen, understand, accept, and help his clients, dealing with each one of them in a personalized and respectful manner.
- Dellosa is distinguished as a complete, holistic, and innovative healer -- a body-mind-emotions specialist.
- Unlike other psychiatrists who rely solely on prescribing medications, he uses therapeutic interventions from various healing arts.
- Unlike other psychologists who just give advice, Dellosa does not stop at solving problems or treating illnesses but wants his clients to experience emotional healing, personal growth, and a deep and meaningful life change.
 Academic career
Dellosa has taught at the University of the Philippines, De La Salle University, and the Asian Theological Seminary. In these schools, he trained and supervised counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists in the art of counseling and psychotherapy.
 Media exposure
Popularly known as a celebrity shrink, Dellosa is sought-after as a consultant for reality television shows, as a resource person for talk shows, and as the life coach-psychotherapist of celebrities in such fields as entertainment, politics, religion, arts, and sports.
Dellosa has published articles in such periodicals as Woman's Journal, Men's Zone Magazine, Kerygma Magazine, Today, Philippine Star, Manila Bulletin, Smart Parenting, Manila Times, Medical Observer, Health and Family, and Health Today.
 Clinical practice
Dellosa established the Life Change Recovery Center, a treatment facility for drug dependents and psychiatric patients. He is a Co-Founder and Charter President of the Philippine Association of Christian Counselors. He is also a Co-Founder of the Philippine Center for Substance Abuse Management. He also serves as consultant to the Philippine Holistic Wellness Institute, an entity that promotes the traditional and archaic Filipino healing therapy known as Hilot.
Dellosa continues to attend and facilitate training workshops in Asia, America, and Europe.
 External links
- Randy Dellosa official biography
- Randy Dellosa entry in RX Pinoy Online Health Directory
- ABS-CBN Broadcasting Network