From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
He is one of the 1996 Ten Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) Awardees for Government Service.
Paje earned his forestry degree from the University of the Philippines, Los Baños, Laguna in 1977. He then pursued and finished a master's degree in urban and regional planning and a doctorate in public administration at the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City.
Paje also went to Harvard University in Massachusetts, USA and got a certificate in environmental economics and policy analysis.
Paje served the government in the fields of environment and natural resources. He held various positions such as undersecretary for field operations, undersecretary for policy and techincal services, undersecretary for environment and programs developments, assistant secretary for management services and director for human resources development.
He was a presidential assistant on mining, executive director of the Minerals Development Council (MDC) and chief of staff for the DENR before he was appointed secretary. Paje also supervised the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples.
- Ten Outstanding Young Men from Philippine Jaycees
- Outstanding Professional of the Philippines from the Professional Regulation Commission
- Outstanding Alumnus in Government Service from UP Los Baños
- Dr. Jose Rizal Huwarang Pilipino Awardee for Public Service from the Parangal ng Bayan Awards Foundation
- Aquino names Cabinet members. Abs-cbnnews.com. (Accessed 29 June 2010)
- Profiles of Cabinet Secretaries. Office of the Press Secretary Online. (Accessed 7 July 2010).