Queena Ngo Lee-Chua
Queena Ngo Lee-Chua is a professor, columnist and, author. She has written books and articles about S & T focusing on her goal of transforming science and math learning, making it easy, fun, and understandable through simpler language and bringing it to media such as print, radio and as well as TV, online, and interpersonal audiences.
Lee-Chua currently teaches for the mathematics department of Ateneo de Manila University.
Lee-Chua earned her bachelor's degree in Mathematics (1987), master's degree in Counseling Psychology (1992), and PhD in Clinical Psychology (1995) from Ateneo de Manila University.
Awards and recognition
- The Outstanding Women in Nation's Service (TOWNS), 2001
- Outstanding Young Scientist from the National Academy of Science and Technology, 2002
- First Multiple Intelligence Award from Dr. Howard Gardner, Multiple Intelligence International School Foundation, Inc., 2005
- Outstanding Teacher Award from Metrobank Foundation, 2003
- National Book Award for Science, 2003
- Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature, 1st place, English Essay, 2001
- S&T Journalism Awards from the Philippine Press Institute-Philippine Geothermal, Inc., 1992
- Best S&T Columnist from the Department of Science and Technology, 2005
- Anonas, Framelia, Lazcano, Joy, and Ocampo, Yen. “Fifty men and women of science add glitter to DOST's golden anniversary.” In SciScope: A Psijourn, Recognizing Filipino's Scientific Excellence, Vol. 1. No. 2. September 2008.
- DOST names 50 top Pinoys of science. (Accessed 24 August 2009).
- Dr. Queena Lee-Chua's Metrobank Outstanding Teacher acceptance speech. (Accessed 24 August 2009).
- Queena Lee Chua: Saving the World, One Student at a Time. (Accessed 24 August 2009).