Pilipinas, Game KNB?
|Pilipinas, Game KNB?|
|Starring|| Kris Aquino (2001-2007)|
Edu Manzano (2007-present)
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Running time|| 1 hour (PH)|
45 minutes (US)
|Original run|| 2001 (as Game KNB?); |
2001 (as Milyon, Milyon Na, Game KNB?);
2002 (as Next Level Na, Game KNB?);
2004-Present (as Pilipinas, Game K N B?) –
Pilipinas, Game KNB? is a top-rating noontime game show broadcast by ABS-CBN in the Philippines. It is hosted by Deal or No Deal host Kris Aquino. Starting Mar. 6, 2007, Edu Manzano will temporarily replace Aquino due to her pregnancy. The KNB in the title is derived from Filipino SMS language wherein the words "ka" "na" and "ba" are shortened to just single letters as if they were originally pronounced in the Filipino alphabet (letters are currently pronounced like their English counterparts). Its theme music (and its incarnations) sounds like a ringtone, also influenced by the use of cellphones in the Philippines.
Most Filipinos with cellphones would notice that the logo has changed very little over the show's reinventions. The typeface of the letters in "GAME K N B?" is that from the older Nokia models of cellphones.
Pilipinas, Game KNB? had four versions, and each version had different gameplays.
In Game KNB? ("Are You Game?" in English), you needed to get three out of five correct answers to get to the next round, and each round, the prize went higher (this incarnation was closest in format to Who Wants to be a Millionaire?). This 2001 evening game show hit became Philippines' number 1 primetime game show upon its airing in October of the same year.
Milyon-Milyon Na, Game KNB?
Due to Game KNB?'s overwhelming success, it was reformatted to Milyon-Milyon Na, Game Ka Na Ba? by adding the jackpot money by PHP 100,000 or $2,000 every time the episode winner fails to get the pot money from the original jackpot money of PHP 1,000,000 or $20,000 from the previous format.
Next Level Na, Game KNB?
Later on, it was reformatted to Next Level Na, Game KNB? in February 2004 to match the people's craving for reality shows. It was more of a reality game show, where the contestants would have challenges.
Pilipinas, Game KNB?
After Game KNB?'s break, it made a comeback in 2004 as Pilipinas, Game KNB?. It was placed in the noontime timeslot on November 15 later that year. It is aired weekdays and Saturdays.
On its first format they each have a spot.(they were given it before the show began, and they get in their spots as they are introduced by Kris Aquino or the replacment host) It forms a horseshoe, and they must answer one question to move onto the next round.
The current version has the atras-abante round, where a player can make his/her opponent move backwards. The player has to get to the yellow lane so that he/she will cannot be moved backward anymore. The show gave an additional PHP 10,000 to the contestant who first reached the yellow lane as part of its 2nd year anniversary on noontime.
Pasko Na, Game KNB?
Certainly one of the most influential and prominent film and television personalities in the Philippines. During her younger years, she was more popularly known as the youngest daughter of former President Corazon C. Aquino and the late Sen. Benigno Aquino, Jr. These days, however, Kris is more popular than ever with her various product endorsements, her blockbuster hits like Happy Together and Feng Shui, as well as her list of hit shows such as Today with Kris, Morning Girls with Kris and Korina, and Good Morning Kris. She has certainly established herself as local showbiz’s Queen of Talk.
Edu Manzano temporarily took over Kris Aquino since March 6, 2007, as the latter took a leave due to her difficult pregnancy. He was picked to be the replacement of Aquino because of his hosting skills in the defunct game show, Weakest Link. 
Game KNB's biggest winner was Jenny Apor (winner from Milyon-Milyon Na, Game KNB?") winning PHP 3,500,000 ($70,000) and her text partner. In total, that was PHP 7,000,000 or $140,000 in just one episode. In Game KNB?'s history it had a total of more than 40 millionares. Edu Manzano has never experienced a "Millionaire" in his course of working, he though wishes, too. Positively, he's desperate of experiencing the "Million."
- Correct! - This is what Kris Aquino says when a contestant got a correct answer.
- May Tama Ka! - This is what Kris Aquino says in the new set of Pilipinas, Game KNB? if they got correct answer.
- This is all or nothing! - What Kris Aquino says during the final portion of the game to the contestant after introducing a prize (i.e. Xbox plus TV, computer set, etc.)
- Sure Ka Na Ba? - This is what Kris says in the million jackpot round if the player is sure to his/her answer.
- Happy Ka Na Ba? - This is what Kris says in "Million Million Na! Game KNB?" if the player wants to continue or not
- Anong Diskarte Mo? - This is what Kris Aquino's question in Atras Abante Round
if he/she is correct.
- Abante Ako - This is what the player says in Atras Abante Round if the contestant wants to go forward.
- Abante Ako, Atras Si... - This is what the player says if he/she wants to forward and make the co-player backward.
- Atras Ako - This is the player says if he/she wants to go backward.
- Pilipinas, Game Ka Na Ba (Philippines, Are you Game) - This is Kris' question to the player and to the whole Philippines if they are now game.
- Game KNB?Game na! - Kris Aquino ask "Game KNB" and the contestant/crowd awnsers "game na!"
- Sing it! -Kris Aquino like the contestants to sing if being asked to complete and/or name the song.
- Star Awards for TV: Best Game Show
- Star Awards for TV: Best Game Show Host (Kris Aquino)
- Anak TV Seal 2006: Most Well-Liked TV Programs