Philippine Association for Teacher Education
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
|Philippine Association for Teacher Education (PAFTE)|
|Address||c/o School of Education, Centro Escolar University, Mendiola, Manila 1005|
|Tel. No.||(632) 735-9662|
|Fax No.||(632) 735-9662|
The Philippine Association for Teacher Education (PAFTE) is an organization for teacher educators which aims to promote the professional development of teachers. The learning community is composed of teacher leaders who are focused in continuing education, innovations and scholarly works-increasing the competency of Filipino teachers.
- To promote and maintain unity, professionalism and excellence among teacher Educators, Teacher Education Institutions, and Professional Teachers;
- To raise and maintain standards of teacher education and enhance the nobility of the teaching profession through effective leadership and enlightened fellowship;
- To stimulate, support, and undertake researches, studies and other scholarly works and innovation that will contribute to the improvement of teacher education, and disseminate new knowledge, information and materials through publications, seminars, workshops, lectures, conferences, and other forms of continuing professional education activities;
- To serve as partner of the Philippine government in promoting national development through pre-service and in-service teacher education.
Members of PAFTE include the deans and the faculty of the Teacher Educations Institutions (TEIs) and those who contribute in the formation of the pre-service teachers: the Cooperating Teachers or Mentors, the Resource Teachers for the Experiential Learning, the Principals, the Supervisors and the Superintendents of the Department of Education. Membership may be institutional, or individual.
PAFTE is present in all the 17 regions (Regions 1, 2, 3, 4a, 4b, 5, 6 ,7, 8 ,9 ,10, 11, 12, 13, NCR, CAR and ARMM) and each region has a complete set of officers that adopts the national PAFTE constitution. Any member should belong to the regional chapter.
 External links
- PAFTE Official Website (accessed on June 02, 2009)