|Type of site||Philippine Online Job Portal|
|Registration||Optional for jobseekers, Required for legitimate employers in the Philippines|
|Available language(s):||English / Filipino|
|Owner||Department of Labor and Employment, Bureau of Local Employment|
|Created by||Terix Technologies|
Phil-JobNet is an internet-based, automated job and applicant matching system which aims to fast track job seekers' search for jobs and employers' search for manpower. It is a facility of the Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) with a centralized database maintained by the Bureau of Local Employment. Phil-JobNet caters to all Filipino job seekers and employers, as well as labor unions, educational institutions, and various foundations and non-government organizations.
Phil-JobNet services are free of charge both for job seekers and employers. As of 2005, DoLE reports that there have been 1,500 job searchers accessing the site daily, or around 45,000 a month, with almost 29,000 job opportunities posted.
Job seekers using the site can submit their own applications, search the available job opportunities, run a job matching process, and get a list of vacancies and corresponding employers' contact information. Employers can post their job vacancies for free, search among job applicants, run a job matching process, and get list a of applicants and corresponding contact information.
Registration is not necessary for job seekers. They just have to enter the desired job title, position or description on the text box provided, then click on the "Search" button. The site also offers links to job vacancies and job fair schedules on the home page.
Registered users, on the other hand, can make full use of the site and have more advanced options such as creating a profile that will serve as the user's online resume. Local and international employers and companies have to register for an account at the site to be able to post job vacancies.
- Phil-JobNet official website
- New graduates urged to register at PhilJobNet Accessed 17 April 2009.
- Phil-JobNet ready for displaced workers, 01/31/2009, GMANews.tv
- Uy, Veronica. DoLE posts job vacancies online. Posted 05/09/2008, accessed 17 April 2009
- Office of the President of the Philippines Official Site--Phil-Jobnet posts 28,778 opportunities. Posted 07 May 2005, accessed 17 April 2009.
- 1,500 job searchers access Phil-Jobnet daily. Posted 05 August 2005, accessed 17 April 2009.