Patrick A. Regoniel
|Patrick A. Regoniel|
|Field/s of Study:||Palawan studies particularly on the environment|
|Ph. D.||Environmental Science|
Patrick A. Regoniel is an associate professor of environmental science at the Palawan State University in Puerto Princesa. He specializes on Palawan studies and teaches undergraduate and graduate environmental science subjects as well as research and statistics.
- Regoniel, P. A. (2017). Endemic, charismatic, and amazing wildlife of Palawan. Metro Manila: Books on Demand Philippines, Inc. ISBN: 978-621-8023-26-0
- Regoniel, P. A. (2016). How to write a thesis in the information age. Metro Manila: Books on Demand Philippines, Inc. ISBN 978-621-8023-18-5
Articles - Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) Indexed
- Regoniel, P. A. (2004). Fisherfolk’s participation in the formulation of and compliance with fishery policies in Puerto Princesa and Ulugan Bays, Palawan, Philippines published in the Jour. of Envi. Sci. and Mgt., 7 (2), 68-69. ISSN: 0119-11449
- Regoniel, P. A. (1997). Sexual dimorphism in the Philippine freshwater crocodile (Crocodylus mindorensis Schmidt) pulbished in Sylvatrop Tech. Jour. of Phil. Ecosys. and Nat. Res., 5(1&2). ISSN: 0115-0022
- Ortega, G. V., Regoniel, P. A. and M. V. Jamerlan (1993). Philippine crocodiles: their conservation, management and future sustainable use published in Asia Life Sciences 2 (2) 121-140. ISSN 0117-3375
- Machida, M., Araki, J., Regoniel, P. A., Pontillas , F. A. and Y. Kurata (1992). Three species of ascaridoid nematodes from crocodile in the Philippines. Bull. of the Nat. Sci. Museum. Series A, Zoology 18 (3), 95-102. ISSN: 0385-2423
Articles - International Refereed
- Regoniel, P. A.; Macasaet, M. T. U., and N. I. Mendoza (2017). Economic analysis of adaptation options in Honda Bay, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines. EEPSEA Research Report No. 2017-RR3. Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia, Laguna, Philippines. ISBN: 978-621-8041-30-1
- Abelson, A.; Obolski, U.; Regoniel, P.; and L. Hadany (2016). Restocking herbivorous fish populations as a Social-Ecological Restoration Tool in Coral Reefs. Front. Mar. Sci., 05 August 2016 | http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2016.00138
- Perez, M.L. ; Sajise, A.J.U. ; Ramirez, P.J.B. ; Arias, J.K.B. ; Purnomo, A.H. ; Dipasupil, S.R. ; Regoniel, P.A. ; Nguyen, K.A.T. ; Zamora, G.J. Economic Analysis of Climate Change Adaptation Strategies in Selected Coastal Areas in Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam. WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia. Project Report: 2013-32. Available at http://www.worldfishcenter.org/resource_centre/WF-2013-32.pdf
- Perez, M.L. ; Sajise, A.J.U. ; Ramirez, P.J.B. ; Arias, J.K.B. ; Purnomo, A.H. ; Dipasupil, S.R. ; Regoniel, P.A. ; Nguyen, K.A.T. ; Zamora, G.J. Economic Analysis of Climate Change Adaptation Strategies in Selected Coastal Areas in Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam. WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia. Lessons Learned Brief: 2013-33.Available at http://www.worldfishcenter.org/resource_centre/WF-2013-33.pdf
Articles - International Non-Refereed
- Mendoza, N.I.; Regoniel, P. A.; Macasaet, M.U., and J. S. Sespeñe (2012). Adaptation strategies to sea level rise in Honda Bay, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, Philippines. Proceedings of the BIMP-EAGA Conference (BEC 2012). 9-11 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
- Regoniel, P. A. (2011). Key ingredients of community-based coastal resource management in the Philippines: The Caramay Experience; in Official Report of the Environmental Opinion Leaders for the Asia Pacific (ENVOL) Program-Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies Master’s Program.
- Regoniel, P. A. (2006). Deterioration Index as Measure of Natural and Anthropogenic Disturbances in Southwestern Palawan, Philippines, in Proceedings of the First Asia Pacific Coral Reef Symposium on June 18-24, 2006 held at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region, China.
- Ortega, G. V., Regoniel, P. A. and C. A. Ross. 1994. Status of crocodiles in the Philippines. an update. Crocodile Specialist Group Proceedings, Pattaya, Thailand, 2-6 May 1994. Crocodile Specialist Group. 1: 151-154.
- Ortega, G. V. and P. A. Regoniel (1993). Distribution and status of crocodiles in Palawan Province in Proceedings of the 2nd Regional Meeting (Eastern Asia, Oceania, Australasia) of the Crocodile Specialist Group of the Species Survival Commission of IUCN-The World Conservation Union convened at Darwin, Northern Territory on March 12 to 19, 1993.
Articles - National Refereed
- Regoniel, P. A. (2007). Cursory assessment on the environmental impact of a defunct copper mine in Balabac Island, Palawan, Philippines. Jour. of Aquatic Sci., 4, 150-159. ISSN: 1656-5134
Articles - National Non-Refereed
- Regoniel, P. A. (2012). Prescription for improved research performance at the Palawan State University. Pal. State Univ. Jour., 5 (1), 1-6. ISSN: 2012-3787
- Regoniel, P. A. and E. B. Pacañot (2012). Family-Based Mangrove Afforestation in Tagpait, Aborlan, Palawan: Sustaining the Drive Towards Sustainable Development. Pal. State Univ. Jour., 5 (1), 7-11. ISSN: 2012-3787
- Regoniel, P. A. (2009). Vehicle owner’s willingness-to-pay for improvements in air quality in the City of Puerto Princesa. Pal. State Univ. Jour., 2 (2), 87-100. ISSN: 2012-3787
- Regoniel, P. A. (2008). Reversing the trend of reef degradation: a family-based approach; Pal. State Univ. Jour., 1 (1), 94-106. ISSN: 2012-3787
- Freshwater Ecosystem: Balsahan River Biodiversity
- How Do Population Growth and Environmental Degradation Correlate?
- How the Use of Pesticides Hurt the Environment
- Nangalao Island: A Place Where Water is Gold
- Phytoremediation Technology: Hope for Reclaiming Denuded Lands
- Small-scale Mining: Environmental Destruction at Its Wake
- Tropical Ecosystem: Estuarine Biodiversity in Iwahig
- What is the Value of Natural Resources?
- What is WTP in Environmental Economics?
- What Would a Paperless Environment Look Like?
- Worms as Fish Bait: Fishers Way of Life
- 5 Qualities of a Good Researcher
- 5 Tips For Writing Introductions for Research Papers
- How do You Write a Problem Statement?
- How Do You Write a Literature Review?
- Research Paper Topics - Write What Interests You
- Scientific Methods - Three Ways to Research
- Survey Writing - Open Versus Closed-Ended Questions
- The Most Common Types of Sources in a Research Paper
- Thesis Writing - How to Write the Results and Discussion
- What Is the Purpose of the Review of Related Literature?
- An Introduction to Multiple Regression
- Big Data Analytics and Executive Decision Making
- Can You Measure Love?
- Example of a Research Question and Its Corresponding Statistical Analysis
- Heart Rate Analysis: Example of t-test Using MS Excel Analysis Toolpak
- How to Use Gnumeric in Comparing Two Groups of Data
- What is a Statistically Significant Relationship Between Two Variables?
- "Reversing the trend of Reef Degradation: A Family-Based Approach," paper presented at the 8th International Conference on Philippine Studies (ICOPHIL). Quezon City, Philippines, 23-26 July 2008.
- ”Vehicle Owners' Willingness-to-Pay for Improvement in Air Quality in the City of Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines” paper presented at the 6th Convention of the Philippine Society for the Study of Nature
Conferences, Seminars, Training Attended
- Training/Workshop on Coastal Climate Adaptation: From Vulnerability Assessment to Economic Valuation. May 6-9, 2011; G-Hotel Manila, Roxas Boulevard, Manila. Sponsored by the Marine Environment and Resources Foundation (MERF), Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), and WorldFish Center.
- 2nd ENVOL International International Symposium, Beppu, Japan. January 22, 2011.
- Training/Workshop on Phytoremediation Technology for Effective Post-Mining Closure Strategies. Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City. January 9-16, 2011.
- Participant, 8th International Conference on Philippine Studies. Philippine Social Science Center and Ateneo de Manila University, July 23-26, 2008.
Photos on Palawan Wildlife, Places, and Way of Life
- ”Vehicle Owners' Willingness-to-Pay for Improvement in Air Quality in the City of Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines” Abstract
- The ICOPHIL Collection of Filipiniana.net website. (Accessed on 30 April 2008).
- The 8th International Conference on Philippine Studies (ICOPHIL). In Philippine Social Science Council website. (Accessed on 7 May 2008).
Other Online Publications
- Articles by Patrick Regoniel
- ”Get to Know Triond, the Beautiful Spot in the Himalayas”
- ”10 Proven Ways on How to Manage your Time Effectively” posted at Gomestic.com, 25 April 2008
- ”Get to Know Triond, the Beautiful Spot in the Himalayas” posted on trifter.com, 4 May 2008
- Philippine Society for the Study of Nature (Accessed on May 20, 2009)
- gomestic.com (Accessed on May 20, 2009)
- trifter.com (Accessed on May 20, 2009)