Partido State University
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Partido State University
|President||Dr. Modesto D. Detera|
|Location||Partido Area, Camarines Sur, Philippines|
The Partido State University, through the effort of Hon. Congressman Arnulfo P. Fuentebella, was created by virtue of Republic Act 9029 which was signed into law by Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo on March 5, 2001. Its creation integrated the Partido State College (PSC), San Jose Polytechnic Institute (SJPI), Governor Mariano Fuentebella Memorial College of FIsheries (GMFMCF), Tinambac Polytechnic Institute (TPI), Caramoan Technical Vocational School (CTVS), Lagonoy School of Fisheries (LSF) and San Jose Fisheries School (SJFS).
The University's mission is to provide advanced instruction and training in the arts, philosophy, sciences, technology and other graduate and professional courses. It shall also undertake advanced studies, research, production and extension services, and shall provide leadership in these areas.
 Governing Board
The highest policy making body of the University is the Board of Regents. It is composed of the following:
- Chairman of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Chairman;
- President of the University, Vice-Chairman;
- Chairman of the House Committee on Higher and Technical Education;
- Chairman of the Senate Committee on Education, Arts and Culture;
- Regional Director of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA);
- Regional Director of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST);
- Regional Director of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA);
- President of the Federation of the Faculty Association of the University;
- President of the Federation of the Supreme Student Council of the University or the student representative elected by the Federation;
- President of the Federation of the Alumni Association of the University;
- Three (3) private sector representatives who have distinguished themselves in their profession or fields of specialization; and
- Heads of Campuses (non-voting members).
With the integration of the seven (7) educational institutions, the University is composed of the following campuses with their respective addresses:
- Goa - San Juan Bautista St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Caramoan - Brgy. Cadong, Caramoan, Camarines Sur
- Lagonoy - Poblacion, Lagonoy, Camarines Sur
- Sagñay - Brgy. Nato, Sagñay, Camarines Sur
- Salogon - Brgy. Salogon, San Jose, Camarines Sur
- San Jose - Brgy. Del Carmen, San Jose, Camarines Sur
- Tinambac - Brgy. Binalay, Tinambac, Camarines Sur.
 Original Source