Parish of the Immaculate Conception
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Parish of the Immaculate Conception was initially constructed as a sisita in the 1600 by the townpeople of Malabon( formerly called Hacienda Tambobong).The image of the la Purissima was installed at the main altar in 1700 which attracted many devotees until the Aglipayan religion was established in 1899. The Aglipayan took over the structure and turned it to an Aglipayan Center. The Catholic Church filed a case and after four years, the Supreme Court granted the custody of the image and the visita back to the Catholic Church. It became a fully developed parish in September 1907. According to the church caretaker, Paolo Mangali, the present church was made from the original pieces of the former visita. Mulawin, yakal, and other hardwood materials were recycled to form ceiling woodwork and altar pieces. It has an eighteenth century -four poster gold leaf retablo supported by four light-bearing seraphim.
Barcelona, Mary Anne. Ynang Maria: A Celebration of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Philippines. Edited by Consuelo B. Estepa, Ph.D. Pasig City: Anvil Publishing, Inc, 2004.