Pambansang Kilusan ng mga Samahang Magsasaka
Pambansang Kilusan ng mga Samahang Magsasaka is a non-government organization established in August 1986 as aresult of the National Consultation of Agrarian Reformed and Rural Development.
- To form a credible and strong organization that will work for the implementation of agrarian reform, environmental preservation and gender quality.Jenny C. Bandigan is its National Coodinator.
- To organize and consolidate the peasantry and achieve a critical mass of membership and credible leadership enough to effectively help influence civil society, government, and business policies and programs and deliver meaningful services to the broad peasantry.
- Ensure that local, national and international laws and policies of government, civil society, and business organizations support the growth and development of the peasants, especially addressing their needs for land and aquatic tenure security, sustainable agri-aqua cultures, and enlarged and fair market for their products.
- To ensure organizational and financial sustainability by developing and implementing projects that would generate resources locally, nationally and internationally and enlarge its flexibility and capacity to support its core operations
PAKISAMA aims to empower the peasant sector by:
1. Organizing, federating and consolidating peasant groups territorially (municipal-district, province-region, national), sectorally (small farmers, fishers, rural women, youth, and indigenous peoples: SP 8-06) ) and by industry (rice, corn, coconut, sugar, etc: NEXCOM 4-2008) large enough to reach a critical mass (ExeCom 3-07) that would effectively ensure the realization of sustainable and meaningful agrarian and aquatic reforms and national development;
2. Developing and strengthening our socio-political consciousness and involvement, economic base, and cultural influence;
3. Providing a vehicle for effective and meaningful peasant participation and involvement in planning, policy formulation and implementation of government, civil society, and business policies in the interest of the sector; and
4. Linkaging and networking, based on principled but critical partnerships, with other peasant and basic sector organizations, civil society (non-government organizations (NGOs), academe, media, and churches), government (GOs/LGAs) and political parties, and business organizations at all levels (local, national, international). (and like-minded individuals and groups).
Pambansang Kilusan ng mga Samahang Magsasaka is located at 2nd Flr.,CCS Bldg., SDC Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines.
- Pambansang Kilusan ng mga Samahang Magsasaka (July 3, 2007)
- Original content from Google