|Genre(s)||Rock / Pop / Modern Rock|
|Website||OZAWA @ rakista.com|
|Lauran Ozawa |
Rommel dela Cruz
Ozawa is a pop alternative band composed of young Filipino-Japanese Lauran Ozawa and veteran musicians Bel Sayson of The Amandas on guitars, Rommel dela Cruz (formerly of Barbie's Cradle) on bass, and Otep Concepcion of Hardware Syndrome on drums.
Lauran Ozawa's chance meeting with guitarist Sayson urged them to form a new band that would showcase the 20-year-old girl's big voice. Sayson invited his friends, drummer Otep Concepcion and bassist Rommel de la Cruz, to join the band. After much deliberation, the quartet named themselves “Ozawa”. The band was included in WikiPilipinas' list of Top 10 Filipino rock bands of 2010.
Ozawa fuses youth and experience in their musicality and resulting to fresh sounding songs with a '90s pop alternative feel.
The band cites Jaco Pastorious, Eric Johnson, Vinnie Colauita, Joss Stone, Ritchie Kotzen, Sarah McLachlan, Nathan East, and Tori Amos as their music influences.
- Lauran Ozawa (vocals)
- Bel Sayson (guitars) – Guitarist of The Amandas
- Rommel dela Cruz (bass) – Formerly of Barbie’s Cradle & Freestyle.
- Otep Concepcion (drums) - Formerly of Hardware Syndrome (Francis M's). He won Drummer of the Year in the 2010 NU Rock Awards
- Ozawa – released on 10 April 2011 under Terno Recording, this self-titled debut album includes the singles “Bitin,” “Hope,” “Falling Into You,” and “Nagtanan.”
- Maguddayao, Merck. Top 10 Filipino rock bands (2010) WikiPilipinas.org (Accessed 18 April 2011)
- Sy, Karen. Ozawa: Conversations with Ozawa. Pulp Magazine Live (Accessed 18 April 2011)
- Ozawa. Reverbnation (Accesed 18 April 2011)
- Ozawa. Rakista.com (Accesed 18 April 2011)
- NU 107 Rock Awards 2010 Results. GigsPH (Accessed 18 April 2011)