Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church (Oslob, Cebu)
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church's construction was supervised by Fr. Julian Bermejo on May 4,1830, according to the design prepared by Bishop Santos Gomez de Marañon It was completed in 1848. It was consecrated in 1847 by Bishop Romualdo Ximeno. The bell tower was constructed in 1858. It has 11 bells at the fifth level.
The convent was constructed from 1848 to 1850. Reinforcements were done to beautify the convent. The church was destroyed by Filipino Guerillas during the World War II. It had been restored and repaired by the townspeople under the administration of Fr. Benedicto Zapra.
The church measures 64m long , 15m wide and nine meters high with a plain but impressive facade. The four-storey, octagonal bell tower is 30m high. The dome has neo-classic style.
Oslob is located 117km south of Cebu City.
Layug, Benjamin L. "A tourist guide to notable Philippine Churches." Quezon City: New Day Publication,2007.