Old Bilibid Prison
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
The Old Bilibid Prison was the main correctional facility in the Philippines before 1900. It was built in Manila in 1847 but was only formally opened in 1865 through a Spanish Royal Decree. In 1936, the Old Bilibid was moved from Manila to Muntinlupa and was "renamed" the New Bilibid Prison. Old Bilibid Prison was renamed Manila City Jail and houses individuals arrested for crimes in the city of Manila prior to being sent to New Bilibid Prison after sentencing.