From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine EncyclopediaOishi is a brand of snack products that takes hold of many product lines including salty snacks, cereals, popcorn, cookies, powdered juices, and sauces. It was popularized in the snacking industry in the Philippines when its snack food products (locally known as chichiria) were made available in sari-sari stores, vending machines, groceries, convenience stores and supermarkets nationwide.
 Who They Are
Liwayway Marketing Corporation (LMC) is the manufacturer of the Oishi brand of snack products. At present, their growing product line has expanded to over 50 variants of salty snacks, cereals, popcorn, cookies, powdered juices, and sauces. Their main manufacturing facility is located in Imus, Cavite, with satellite factories in Cagayan De Oro and Cebu City, to strengthen their nationwide distribution. Oishi products are exported to Japan, Korea, and Hong Kong, among others.
It has been their main objective to produce high quality products at prices affordable to the mass market. With this commitment, they continue their development of new products and technologies to expand their present consumer base and pursue international markets.
 Their Brand
Oishi means "delicious" in Japanese. Precisely what each and every item under their brand is.
 Their Philosophy
They aim to be the leading food product company in the markets they serve by cultivating the following ideals:
- Providing their consumers with the widest range of quality food products at best value
- Upholding and living by the creed of business integrity in all their dealings
- Developing and nurturing long term relationships with their suppliers, distributors, and consumers
- Maintaining an excellent work force by being involved in the development of their employees’ skills, knowledge, and attitude
 History and Profile
Their history dates back to 1946, when a small family business engaged in the repacking of flour and coffee products was established through the efforts of Mr. Chan Lib and his wife, Mrs. See Ying. In 1966, the business was converted into a corporation, as it expanded into the distribution of pomade, candles, candies and sauces.
By 1974, under the second generation management headed by Manuel Chan, LMC diversified into the manufacturing of snack foods such as “Oishi Prawn Crackers” and “Kirei Yummy Flakes.” The snack food business proved to be encouraging that the company eventually concentrated on this enterprise. Over the years, they invested in more sophisticated equipment to upgrade the quality of their existing products and to develop new ones to introduce to the market. “Oishi” became the patent brand for all their product lines, and has since established itself as a major player in the Philippine snack food market.
In 1993, under the management of Carlos Chan, they embarked on their first venture in China, beginning with two companies in Shanghai: Shanghai Liwayway Food Industries Limited and Shanghai Prawn Cracker Foodstuff Company Limited. Since then, their China operations have grown to more than 12 companies located all over the mainland under the head company, Liwayway (China) Company, Limited. Their products in China are marketed under the brand “Oishi Shanghaojia,” which in 2001, received the Shanghai Famous Brands award, firmly establishing itself as a major brand in Shanghai, and the rest of China as well.
A few years later, manufacturing facilities were also set up in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (1997) and in Yangon, Myanmar (1999), where Oishi is now the leading snack food brand.
 ProductsListed below are Oishi's product catalog.
At Oishi, they're not just about making delicious and nutritious snacks — they also love promoting and supporting worthy causes and helping save the environment! Listed below are some of their events and causes they're working with.
- Adarna House - Discover the world of reading as we partner with Adarna House to make Filipino children's books.
- Puppet Show - Watch Cuckoo as he embarks on different adventures with his friends!
- Making Friends - See and hear the Loboc Children's Choir and the Shanghai Oriental Little Companion Art Troupe perform together.
- Malagos Bird Show - Cuckoo Bird and the wacky birds of the Malagos family at the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center.
- Special Olympics 2007 - Oishi supports the causes of the Special Olympics.
- Department of Tourism - Explore the Philippines through the eyes of Oishi.