Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos (TV Series)
| Sineserye Presents:|
Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos?
|Created by||ABS-CBN Entertainment Dept.|
|Directed by|| Jerry Lopez Sineneng|
Rechie Del Carmen
|Starring|| Roxanne Guinoo|
|Ending theme|| "Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos?" |
by Lani Misalucha
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||15 (as of August 3)|
|Executive producer(s)||Ma. Cristina N. Santos|
|Running time||20-25 minutes|
|Original run||July 16 2007 –|
|Preceded by||May Minamahal|
|Followed by||Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita|
Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos? is the fourth installment of ABS-CBN to Sineserye Presents . It is based from the movie Natutulog Pa Ang Diyos in 1988. It's rough translation in English is: "Is God Asleep?".
Based on, Natutulog Pa Ang Diyos, the original komiks novel by Ruben Marcelino, the movie revolves around a young woman who was switched at birth. The young woman was deprived of what could have been a life of prosperity, and instead she had a life of poverty. Meanwhile, the child who took her rightful place grew up to be spoiled and irresponsible, but is secretly caught up in his feelings for her.
Roxanne Guinoo, Jake Cuenca, and Joross Gamboa, will step in the shoes of Lorna Tolentino, Ricky Davao and Gary Valenciano, who played the three people caught up in a love triangle in the original movie, all with important relations to one another! Roxanne plays Gillian, the rightful heiress of a wealthy couple, but was switched with Andrew, son of a driver and a maid. Jake Cuenca plays Andrew, who grows up to be irresponsible, but it turns out that he's secretly in love with Gillian. On the other hand, Joross Gamboa is Mark, who adds to the confusion, as he is Andrew's best friend, who also has feelings for the same girl.
Cast and Characters
- Roxanne Guinoo as Gillian Ramirez - Bernardo and Patria's "supposed" eldest daughter. She grew up in poverty, but although she yearns for a better life, she wants to bring it upon herself, and not depend on other people. Disciplined and responsible, she is liked by Mike and Rose, her parent's masters. Unfortunately, her parents don't think too well of her, and treat her badly.
- Jake Cuenca as Andrew Angeles - the only child of Mike and Rose. This spoiled brat always wants to be the center of attention, and will never hesitate to get back at those who stand in his way. The only person he turns to for advice is his best friend Mark. He tries to prove himself to his parents, but he always end up being compared to Gillian. As such, he tries to get back at her everytime. However, despite that, he really is in love with Gillian.
- Joross Gamboa as Mark Vilchez - a rich 19-year old who eventually falls for Gillian. This achiever is pressured to always take the number one spot, because of his parents. He is Andrew's best friend, who never fails to check Andrew when he's being too arrogant. He loves Gillian so much that he even stands up to her against Andrew, although he can't do the same when he's in front of his parents.
- Dina Bonnevie as Rose Angeles - Andrew's mother. She's a supportive wife, yet she tries to keep her husband in check whenever he's mad at their son Andrew. She loves Andrew so much, and she always gives him another chance to change, but she can't explain why she has a certain fondness for Gillian.
- Rosanna Roces as Patria Ramirez - Bernardo's wife, and a former GRO. She never hesitates to lift a finger against Gillian, as she projects her anger and regret to her daughter. She's not satisfied with her life, so she engages in various sidelines. Like her husband, her weakness is Andrew, as she'll do everything for her eldest son.
- Matt Ranillo as Mike Angeles - Andrew's father. Mike grew up in a rich family, but he was able to expand their business more due to his hard work. He treats his wife, Rose, as an equal, but as a father to Andrew, he's rather strict, as he thinks his son is just wasting his life away. He favors Gillian more, although he can't really pinpoint why.
- Ronnie Lazaro as Bernardo Ramirez, Mike and Rose's driver. He doesn't want to live in poverty, yet he doesn't do anything to prevent it. All his life, he wished to be like his childhood friend Mike, who's living a good life. Although he already has three kids, Gillian, Tina and Boy, he'll always have a soft spot for Andrew, who's actually his real son.
- Bing Pimentel as Emma Vilchez - Mark's mother, who falls for Mike. She always pressures her son to do what she wants, and desperately wants to maintain their social status no matter what.
- Denise Laurel as Donna Enriquez - a prim and proper girl from the upper class. She grew up with Mark, and eventually fell in love with him, as she realized that he's the man of her dreams.
- Martin del Rosario as Boy Ramirez
- Mara Lopez as Tina Ramirez
- Minnie Aguilar as Minerva
- Paw Diaz as Carla
- Jesse Mendiola as Michelle
- Basty Alcances as Young Boy
- Cheska Billiones as Young Tina
- Julijo Pisk as Young Andrew
- Nash Aguas as Young Mark
- Kaycee Aboloc as Young Gillian
- Initially, ABS-CBN announced that this would star Kris Aquino, Susan Roces and Kim Chiu. Eventually, the cast was changed. There are rumors that the Aquino-Roces-Chiu project is a separate soap and not a part of sineserye.
- The original novel and movie was entitled "Natutulog Pa Ang Diyos" (God is still sleeping). With the belief that God never sleeps, the staff asked permission from the original creator to make some changes in the storyline as well as the title to "Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos?" (Is God sleeping?)
- The Sineserye's main cast is a real life love triangle. Joross Gamboa (Mark) and Roxanne Guinoo (Gillian) used to be an item then they broke up in late 2006. Now, Roxanne is currently dating Jake Cuenca (Andrew).
- Due to the previous romantic relationship between Joross Gamboa and Roxanne Guinoo, controversy was created as to how the two would get along in the sineserye. The love triangle between the two and Jake Cuenca, who is believed to be dating Roxanne Guinoo, was exploited for publicity of the series.
- Joross Gamboa and Roxanne Guinoo, together with all the kids in the show, come from the same reality star search - Star Circle Quest.
- Dina Bonnevie and Rosanna Roces are known rivals in the business.
- Due to insistent public demand, ABS-CBN decided to move the show to 9:30 PM timeslot in Primetime Bida after Walang Kapalit. It was replaced by Margarita. 
- When actress, Rosanna Roces, guested on ABS-CBN's noontime show, Wowowee, she stated that Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos has been extended.
- The series was moved again to the late timeslot of Primetime Bida, but it still managed to have good ratings.
- Jake Cuenca Blog Fan Site
- List of programs broadcast by ABS-CBN
- Natutulog ba Ang Diyos? Unofficial Episode Guide at Pinoy TV Junkie
|ABS-CBN Primetime Bida|
|Katorse · TV Patrol World · May Bukas Pa · Lovers In Paris · Dahil May Isang Ikaw · Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up · SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon|