National Grid Corporation of the Philippines
The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) is a private corporation that maintains and operates the power transmission network of the Philippines.
NGCP is a joint venture of the State Grid Corporation of China, Monte Oro Grid Resource of the Philippines and Calaca High Power Corporation. The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) took over TransCo on 15 January 2009. The corporation was inaugurated in Manila by Zheng Baosen, vice-president of the State Grid Corporation of China. This venture is the biggest investment made by China in the Philippines, in which 40% is owned by China.
These programs are anchored on the mandate and functions of the National Transmission Commission (TransCo) as clearly defined by Republic Act (RA) 9136, known as the Electric Power Industry Reform Act of 2001 (EPIRA).
- LISTA (Luzon Island Transmission Augmentation Program)
- VISTA (Visayas Transmission Augmentation Program)
- MINTA (Mindanao Transmission Augmentation Program)
- National Grid Corporation of the Philippines
- National Frid Corp. of the Philippines Facebook.
- SEC OKs incorporation of National Grid Corp. GMANews.tv.