National Committe on Dramatic Arts
The National Committee on Dramatic Arts (NCDA) supports the theater networks and organizes theater organizations in the Philippines. These organizations should be willing to participate in the activities of the NCDA within the mandate of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA).
Application is open to all Filipino theater/creative practitioners (designers, technical directors, playwrights, directors, actors, freelance theater artists), who are officially endorsed by a recognized organization or theater institution/group.
- A theater organization must be in existence for at least three years. However, newly organized theater groups are also encouraged to participate in any of the NCDA-initiated projects or support its objectives or activities.
- It shall be composed of individuals representing recognized organizations and institutions in the dramatic arts networks in the regions and sub-regions.
- The National Committee Members of the NCDA shall be the representatives of organizations with the following qualifications:
- well-established and fully-functioning theater arts organizations;
- at least 3 years in operation;
- has a good track record and
- must have members who are professional theater arts practitioners.
- The Executive Council consists of thirteen (13) members to be composed of the following:
- three (3) representatives from Luzon sector;
- three (3) representatives from Visayas sector;
- three (3) representatives from Mindanao sector;
- three (3) representatives from of the National Capital Region sector
- one (1) co-opted member from any sector to be selected/identified by the elected twelve (12) regional representatives.
- The Execon Members of the NCDA shall have the following qualifications:
- Must be a Filipino citizen, at least 21 years old, residing in the country, and in good standing in his/her community
- Must be a certified member of an established dramatic arts institution/organization
- Must be an active cultural professional/practitioner in his/her own field of specialization in the region or sub-region he/she is representing
- Must have sufficient understanding of the network, at least sub-regional and must have the capacity to represent his respective region/sub-region
- Must have achieved credibility and considerable experience/track record in the development of Philippine arts and culture, specifically in the field of dramatic arts
- Preferably, must have been involved in an NCCA-supported project/activity
- Must be willing and able to support and assess policies, programs, projects, and general goals of the NCDA
- Must be willing to devote sufficient time and effort to do volunteer work in the NCCA and the dramatic arts sector
- All the ExeCon members shall hold office for a term of three years, and are eligible for election to a 2nd term, but shall not serve for more than two consecutive terms. Any ExeCon member who had served the committee for two consecutive terms may vote but will no longer be eligible to be nominated as member of the Executive Council.
- All ExeCon members must be officially confirmed in writing by the NCCA.
(Each organization is allowed only one (1) application for membership to the committee).
Google. (accessed on January 18, 2008).