Megawide Construction Corporation
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Megawide Construction Corporation (PSE: MWIDE) is a publicly-listed construction founded in 1997 by Engr. Edgar Saavedra and Engr. Michael Cosiquien to primarily engage in general construction which involves site development, earthworks, structural and civil works, masonry works, architectural finishes, electrical works, plumbing and sanitary works, fire protection works and mechanical works. It was incorporated in 2004. It qualified as AAA Contractor’s License from the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board. It has completed numerous low-rise and high-rise condominiums and industrial buildings, including the Antel Spa Residences, Citysquare Residences, Bellevue Hotel, Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay, Millenia Tower and Parcvue Hotel. As of February 19, 2011, Megawide Construction Corporation has a total market capitalization of P6.7 billion and share price of P7.84.
 Company profile
Megawide Construction Corporation was incorporated in 2004 to engage in general construction which involves site development, earthworks, structural and civil works, masonry works, architectural finishes, electrical works, plumbing and sanitary works, fire protection works and mechanical works.
To date, Megawide has construction portfolio that includes approximately 48 low-rise to high-rise condominiums and industrial buildings. Moreover, the company continues to grow and now has booked construction contracts worth Php 20.66 billion.
Megawide has a Triple A license from the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board and is known for its quality workmanship, on-time delivery of projects, excellent construction safety standard and advanced state-of-the-art building systems.
 Future plans
The company also aims to construct a pre-cast concrete manufacturing complex in Taytay, Rizal, allowing it to engage in mid-rise buildings and socialized housing, offer pre-cast concrete products, expand domestic and regional coverage, and engage in road and mass transportation infrastructure projects.
Megawide will also venture into other Engineering Exceptional Solutions such as complex building parts, bridges, dams and airports.
 Initial Public Offering
Megawide Construction Corporation went public on February 18, 2011 with an initial public offering price of P7.84 per share. It was the first company to go public in 2011 and is traded under the stock symbol MWIDE. The IPO run from February 7 to 11 and was able to raise nearly P2.3 billion in fresh funds for the company.
- Azotea de Bel-Air by Alfonso-Saquitan Realty Corporation
- Residencia de Regina by Banff Realty and Development Corporation
- Hampton Gardens Tower E by Dynamic Realty and Resources Corporation
- Chateau Valenzuela by Globe Asiatique Realty Holdings Corporation
- Millenia Tower by Goldland Properties and Development Corporation
- Sure Shot Sports Complex by Hyco Laboratories Company, Inc.
- City Square Residences by Kepelland Realty, Inc.
- Malate Crown Plaza by Malate Royale Development Corporation
- University Tower by Prince Jun Development Corporation
- Bellevue Executive Tower by RPJ Development Corporation
- Antel Spa Residences Tower 1 by Antel Land Holdings, Inc.
- Belle Casino by Belle Resources Corporation
- Malate Bayview Mansion by Malate Bayview Mansion Dev't Corp.
- Megawide Tower by Megawide Construction Corp.
- University Tower Malate (University Tower 3) by Prince Jun Property Holdings, Inc.
- Sea Residences by SM Development Corporation.
- B-Hotel by Stalwart Realty
- Bench Office by Suyen Corporation
 Other business development
In February 2011, Henry Sy disclosed that it was set to acquire 20% of Megawide Construction. Through its privately held businesses, Sy had made a firm commitment to buy a big block of the shares to be sold through its IPO. The 20% is equivalent to P1.37 billion.
 External links