From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
The Mangudadatu Clan is an influential Muslim family in Sultan Kudarat in Mindanao. The clan is considered to have the most political power in the province. Lately, though, some of the clan's members have held political positions in Maguindanao.
 Prominent Clan Members in Politics
- Datu Pax Mangudadatu is the representative of the 1st district of Sultan Kudarat. He was the former governor of Sultan Kudarat from 2004-2007. He was also the mayor of Lutayan from 1988 to 1998. He is the father of Datu Suharto and Ruth, and the father-in-law of Datu Raden.
- Datu Suharto Mangudadatu is the present governor of Sultan Kudarat. Prior to this, he was the mayor of Lutayan from 1998-2004, replacing his father Datu Pax who had held the position for ten years. He then became the representative of the lone district of Sultan Kudarat from 2004 to 2007. He is the brother of Ruth Sakaluran.
- Ruth Sakaluran is the current mayor of Lutayan, Sultan Kudarat. She is the daughter of Datu Pax, sister of Datu Suharto and wife of Datu Raden Sakaluran.
- Datu Raden Sakaluran was the mayor of Sultan Kudarat from 2004-2007. He is the husband of Ruth, the present mayor of the town.
- Datu Pax Ali Sangki Mangudadatu is the eldest son of Governor Datu Suharto Mangudadatu.
- Datu Ismael "Toto" Mangudadatu is the nephew of Datu Pax Mangudadatu and is currently vice mayor of Buluan municipality in Maguindanao.
- Bai Eden Mangudadatu is currently vice mayor of Mangudadatu municipality, also in Maguindanao **** **;Datu khadafeh "toy" Mangudadatu ''is the member of the regional legislative assembly in ARMM the youngest son of late datu powa mangudadatu and nephew of datu Pax Mangudadatu
 Maguindanao Massacre
The clan was thrust into spotlight in November 2009 when a convoy led by the wife of Toto Mangudadatu was attacked by about 100 men on their way to Shariff Aguak town to file Certificates of Candidacy. Several members of the convoy numbering to 36 were later found dead. Toto Mangudadatu accused the Ampatuan Clan, a known political rival of the Mangudadatu who is as influential in Maguindanao as the Mangudadatu is in Sultan Kudarat, as the brain behind the killings.
- At a glance: The Mangudadatu Clan of Sultan Kudarat. GMA News TV. (Accessed on 24 November 2009).
- Maguindanao placed under state of emergency after massacre. GMA News TV. (accessed on 24 November 2009).