From Wikipilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
- A tubular dress in royal colors
- Worn by Maranaw men and women of royal status
- Philippine cultural minorities weave and decorate textiles and clothing
- It is an major expression of their decorative art
- Most textiles are used as apparel, some simply by wrapping a piece of cloth around the body some by stitching parts together to make a blouse
- Strips woven in 'kelim' technique, cotton, with floral and geometric motifs
- Designs usually show the sun and star
- Motifs come in different colours
- The materials are cotton and yellow silk
- The malong is decoarted with finely woven langkit
- Malong is a major source of the Philippine Muslim ethnic pride
- It is mainly worn as a skirt but can also be used a head-piece, shawl or mantel
- Dimensions: Length: 166 cm., width: 170cm. (round)
- Ethnic group: Maranaw of Mindanao
- Kipas. (accessed on February 18, 2008).
- Tesoros. (accessed on February 18, 2008).
- Reflections of Asia. (accessed on February 18, 2008).