From Wikipilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Iglesia ni Cristo (INC; the Filipino translation of Church of Christ) is a non-trinitarian, independent, religious organization in the Philippines that was founded by Jesus Christ and a messenger in the person of Felix Manalo who re-established it on 27 July 1914. He believed that he is the final messenger of God and that the Church he formed is the true Church of Christ.
"Summer has officially ended and it’s supposed to be rainy, right? Why are we experiencing this hot weather in June and July? -Belle"
According to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), the oceanic and atmospheric conditions in the tropical Pacific could lead to possible development of an El Niño. El Niño is characterized by unusually warm ocean surface temperatures in the central and eastern equatorial Pacific (CEEP).
PAGASA noted significant increase in the sea surface temperature anomaly (SSTA) from 0.2 to 0.4°C from April 21 to 28, 2014. It said that climate models predict that this condition may persist for the next months. It foresees the onset of El Niño in June and may peak during the last quarter of 2014 and may last up to the first quarter of 2015.
El Niño could affect the normal rainfall pattern in the country. It may generally result in reduced rainfall. Varying rainfall impacts may be experienced in different parts of the country. We may still experience normal number of tropical cyclones this year but El Niño may cause the behavior of tropical cyclones to become erratic and affect their tracks and intensities. A tropical cyclone's track may be expected to shift northward and its intensity could become stronger.
Langit-lupa is chasing game, a variation of habulan where players can be immune from being tagged as long they stand on an elevated surface. Langit is the Filipino word for “heaven” and lupa is “earth”. The game's name describes how the chaser cannot reach players how are elevated from the “earth”. The it chases the other players in an attempt to tag them. Whoever gets tagged will become the it, just like in habulan. However, players can climb or step onto an elevated space such as a flight of stairs, on top of a table, or simply dangle from a jungle gym. Players who manage this are immune from being tagged. Different rules are applied to govern this limitation.
- Bubble shark - also known as inflatable shark is a newly discovered deep-sea swell shark found in the waters of Batangas and Mindoro island of the Philippines.
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - a novel written by Lewis Carroll (pseudonym of Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson)
- Margarita Roxas de Ayala - ay isang pilantropo at isa sa pinakamahusay at pinakamatagumpay na negosyante sa Pilipinas
- International AIDS Candlelight Memorial - a grassroots mobilization campaign for HIV awareness in the world. Started in 1983 by people living with HIV to give a face to the epidemic, the event takes place every third Sunday in May.
- July 26, 1941 - The headquarters of the newly created United States Army Forces in the Far East (USAFFE) was established at No. 1, Calle Victoria in Intramuros. Field Marshal Douglas MacArthur, military adviser to the Commonwealth of the Philippines, was recalled to active service as USAFFE commander. He, who had retired from the U.S. Army on 31 December 1937, was promoted to the position of lieutenant general.
To learn more about Philippine history and literature, visit Filipiniana.net
Deodato Arellano (July 26, 1844-October 7, 1899) was a Filipino patriot who was among the founders of the Katipunan that started the Philippine Revolution against Spain.