Luis Antonio G. Tagle
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
|Bp. Luis Antonio "Chito" Gokim-Tagle, D.D., S.T.D.|
|Born|| 21st of June 1957|
The Most Reverend Archbishop Luis Antonio "Chito" Gokim-Tagle, D.D., S.T.D. (born 21 June 1957, in Manila) is the Roman Catholic Filipino Cardinal. Named by Pope Benedict XVI, Tagle is the world's youngest cardinal at age 55. Tagle was elevated in a Consistory at the Vatican in Rome on 24 November 2012. A special college consisting of the Cardinals of the Catholic Church elects the Pope in a secret conclave and gives assistance and advise in the government of the Church.
Archbishop Tagle is the 32nd archbishop of Manila, replacing archbishop Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales on 13 October 2011. He is the former bishop of the Imus Diocese that comprises the whole Cavite, and he is the host of the TV show titled "The Word Exposed," a program which seeks to preach the Good News/Gospel of the Lord. He was ordained as a Roman Catholic deacon on the 18th of July 1981 at the San Jose Major Seminary; was ordained as a Roman Catholic priest on the 27th of February 1982 at the Nuestra Señora del Pilar Parish, Imus, Cavite (the Cathedral of Imus); and was ordained bishop of the Imus Diocese on the 12th of December 2001.
Archbishop Tagle is the Chairman of the Commission on Doctrine of the Faith of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines (CBCP). He is also the Chairman of the Pondo ng Pinoy Community Foundation. He is also a member of the Federation of Asian Bishops’ Conferences Office of Theological Concerns since 2003.
 Educational Background
1) Grade School - St. Andrew's School, Parañaque City - 1969
2) High School - St. Andrew's School, Parañaque City - 1973
5) Licentiate in Sacred Theology (S. T. L.) - The Catholic University of American, Washington, D. C. - 1987
6) Doctorate in Sacred Theology (S. T. D.) - The Catholic University of American, Washington D. C. - 1991
 Ministerial Background
- 18 July 1981: Diaconal Ordination, San Jose Seminary
- 27 February 1982: Presbyteral Ordination, Imus Cathedral
- 22 October 2001: Nomination as Bishop of Imus
- 12 December 2001: Episcopal Ordination, Imus Cathedral
- 13 October 2011: Nomination as Archbishop of Manila
- 12 December 2011: Installation as Archbishop of Manila
 Presbyteral Assignment in the Diocese of Imus
- 1982-84: Associate Pastor, St. Augustine Parish, Mendez, Cavite
- 1982-83: Spiritual Director, Tahanan ng Mabuting Pastol, Tagaytay City
- 1983-84: Acting Rector, Tahanan ng Mabuting Pastol, Tagaytay City
- 1984-85: Rector, Tahanan ng Mabuting Pastol, Tagaytay City
- 1992-present: Rector, Tahanan ng Mabuting Pastol, Tagaytay City
- 1993-2000: Member, Board of Consultors and Presbyteral Council
- 1993-2000: Episcopal Vicar for Religious
- 1993-95: Member, Diocesan Commission on the Clergy
- 1998-2001: Parish Priest, Our Lady of the Pillar Cathedral, Imus, Cavite
- 2002-2011: Rector, Our Lady of the Pillar Seminary, Imus, Cavite
 Other Ministries
- 1982-85: Instructor of Theology: San Carlos Seminary (Manila), Loyola School of Theology (Manila), Divine Word Seminary (Tagaytay)
- 1992-present: Instructor of Theology: Loyola School of Theology (Manila), Divine Word Seminary (Tagaytay)
- 1992-95: Instructor of Theology: Maryhill School of Theology (Manila)
- 1995-2001: Consultant, Catholic Bishop's Conference of the Philippines (CBCP), Commission on the Doctrine of Faith, Commission on Seminaries
- 1994-2001: Facilitator, CBCP National Ongoing Formation of Priests
- 1995-2001: Member, Editorial Board, Storia del Concilio Vaticano II, Istituto per le scienze religiose, Bologna, Italy
- 1995, 2000: Presentor and Member of the Drafting Committee, VI and VII Plenary Assemblies of the Federation of Asian Bishop's Conferences (FABC)
- 1998: Expert, Special Assembly of the Synod of Bishops for Asia, Vatican City
- 1997-2002: Member, International Theological Commission, Vatican City
- Member, Ordinary Council of the General Secretariat of the Synod of Bishops, Vatican City
- 2003-present: Member, Office of Theological Concerns, FABC
- 2003-present: Chairperson, Episcopal Commission on the Doctrine of the Faith, CBCP
- 2004: Delegate of the Philippines, VIII Plenary Assembly of the FABC, Daejeon, South Korea
- 2005: Elected delegate of the Philippines, XI General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, Vatican
- 2005-2011: Board of Directors, Pondo ng Pinoy Community Foundation and Chair of the Programs Committee
- 2005-2008: Elected member of the Council of the Synod of Bishops, Vatican
- 2006: Presentor, Asian Mission Congress, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 2007: Elected Bishop Chair of the Office of Theological Concerns, FABC
- October 2008: Elected Delegate of the Philippines to the XIII General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, Vatican
- 2008-present: Elected Member of the Council of the Synod of Bishops, Vatican
- 2009: Head of Drafting Committee, X Plenary Assembly of FABC, Manila
- 2010: Appointed Apostolic Visitator of Seminaries in Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands
- 2012: Chairman, Pondo ng Pinoy Community Foundation
 TV shows
 The Word Exposed
The Word Exposed is a Roman Catholic television program hosted by Bishop Luis Antonio G. Tagle. This program seeks to preach the Gospel to the whole world. The show is administered by the JesCom. The show is aired three times every Sunday in different channels: at ANC from 6:00 - 7:00 A.M., at Studio 23 from 5:00 - 6:00 A.M., and at NBC from 7:30 - 8:30 A.M. The program has three segments reflecting on the spiritual aspects of life.
 Readings w/ reflections
This is the segment of the show where Bishop Chito Tagle gives reflections on the readings every Sunday, including the Sunday gospel reading.
 Questions of Faith
This segment is where Bishop Chito Tagle answers questions regarding the spiritual aspects of life in agreement with the Roman Catholic faith. Bishop Chito also addresses doctrinal and dogmatic questions. During May, the priority of this segment is about the controversial Reproductive Health Bill.
This is the segment of the show where Bishop Chito asks viewers questions to be answered and reflected in life.
 Special segment: RH Bill discussion
 Kape't Pandesal
Bishop Chito Tagle has a special participation on 'Kape't Pandesal', a Roman Catholic television program. Kape't Pandasal is a brief daily reflection and prayer aired as a regular segment of Magandang Umaga Pilipinas. Undertaken in partnership with ABS-CBN, it is meant to be a "spiritual vitamin" to begin each day. The daily reflections are written and hosted by Jesuit priests and brothers, with the special participation of Bishop Chito Tagle. It is shown every weekdays (Monday to Friday) at 4:55 A.M. on ABS-CBN.
- “Archbishop Luis Antonio G. Tagle named to College of Cardinals”.mb.com.ph.(Accessed on 26 November 2012).
- Tatad, Francisco S.“A cardinal for the nation and the world”.Manila Standard Today.(Accessed on 26 November 2012).
- “Tagle joins Church's Elite”.mb.com.ph.(Accessed on 26 November 2012).
- Dinglasan, Rouchelle.“Pope installs Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Tagle as cardinal”.GMA News Online.(Accessed on 26 November 2012).
- “Bio-Data of Archbishop Luis Antonio Tagle, DD”.The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila.(Accessed on 26 November 2012).