From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Lolita O. Hizon is a Filipino entrepreneur and matriarch of Pampanga's Best, the pioneer in meat processing industry in Central Luzon.
Hizon's neighbor was a meat vendor who does not want to let some unsold pork get spoiled. Thus, she asked Hizon to help in cooking them. She came up with the formula to cure the meat. She revised the traditional Capampangan pindang or fermented pork to acquire a unique salty-sweet taste. She named it tocino which was derived from a sweet Spanish delicacy. She further refined the formula and processing procedures until her tocino turned out to be the cornerstone of a business and a staple item on a Filipino family's breakfast table.
Today, Pampanga's Best Inc. is a multi-million meat processing company operated and owned by the couple Angelo Dizon and Lolita Dizon and their children. It now offers Tocino, Hotdogs, Longaniza, Ham, Bacon, Tapa, Burger Patties, Corned Beef, Embotido, Barbecue, and Chicken Nuggets, which are distributed and sold by their partners nationwide. The company has acquired AAA Category, the highest level for a manufacturing plant, from the National Meat Inspection Service.
Hizon was one of the ten Filipino finalists of the first Entrepreneur of the Year International Search in 2003 by the Ernst & Young, a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services.
- “History”.Pampanga's Best.(Accessed on 19 June 2013).
- “Awards and Citations”.Pampanga's Best.(Accessed on 19 June 2013).
- “It All Started With A Helping Hand”.Pampanga's Best.(Accessed on 19 June 2013).
- “Pampanga’s Best opens another outlet”.Manila Standard Today.com.(Accessed on 19 June 2013).
- “Pampanga's Best”.choose PHILIPPINES.(Accessed on 19 June 2013).
- “The Ernst & Young difference: high-performing teams delivering exceptional client service”.SGV & Co.(Accessed on 19 June 2013).