From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
|Birthdate:||June 6, 1974 (age 39)|
|Height:||4' 11" (1.5 m)|
|Weight:||95 lbs. (43 kg)|
|Alias(es):||Lallani Lei, Leanni Lee|
|No. of films:||144|
|Leanni Lei at IMDb|
|Leanni Lei at IAFD|
|Leanni Lei at AFDB|
Leanni Lei was born on June 6, 1974 in the Philippines, but her family moved to California when she was quite young. She worked in retail, though she found such work unsatisfying and thus became an exotic dancer and pornographic actress. This decision was, in part, due to her admiration for porn star Mimi Miyagi -- and Lei's goal of making a movie with Mimi.
Lei made her hardcore debut in a string of pro-am flicks in 1997. Lei proved in her first few appearances her exquisite ability in the adult film industry. Her first movie was filmed for Ed Powers in October 1997. After working for a year or so, she felt "burnt out" and quietly dropped out to rest and earn her college degree in finance. She resumed working in movies in 1999.
Lei currently lives in Connecticut and presently pens a blog , though she refuses to do an official website. She also derives no joy in being noticed in public as a pornographic actress.
Update: Due to an "intrusion" in her personal life and an intrusion into her home, Lei has discontinued her personal blog.
Despite her generally short career, Lei has been known for doing extreme scenes at the time of her career as a porn star, such as her performance with Max Hardcore.
- Her mother's reaction toward her porn career was simply: 'I think your thingy is showing.'
- In the video for Notorious BIG's song "One More Chance" (1994), Leanni is seated next to model Tyson Beckford as the camera pans left, at approximately 0:50 seconds. Video can be seen at http://www.starpulse.com/Music/Notorious_BIG/Videos/583195/. Leanni mentioned on her blog that she was in the "right place at the right time" to get in the video.
- Leanni is said to be the actress appearing (uncredited) in a brief porno film scene viewed by Tom Welles (played by Nicolas Cage) in the film 8mm.
 External links
- June 1999 interview with Leanni
- Leanni Lei Chat Transcript on Snowman's Raincoat Reviews (raincoatreviews.com)