From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Kadin movie poster
|Directed by||Adolfo Alix Jr.|
|Starring|| Rico Mark Cardona|
|Music by||Jerrold Tarog|
|Cinematography||Rodolfo Aves Jr.|
|Editing by||Aleks Castañeda|
|Distributed by||Ignite Media|
|“||In our choices lies our fate.||”|
Kadin (The Goat) is a movie about a young Ivatan boy in search for his missing kadin. As Peping (the young boy) embarks on a journey with her sister in search for the missing goat in the different places of Batanes, their journey teaches them the true meaning of life as well. A local version of the Little Prince and the Alchemist, Kadin was shot in one of the beautiful places on earth -- Batanes.
Peping (Rico Mark Cardona) and his Ivatan family make a living out of the milk provided by their kadin (goat). One day, Peping woke up and found out that Gima, their goat, is missing. Apart from providing him and and his family some money for selling her milk, Gima is very precious to Peping as it was given to him by his father, who told him to take good care of it, and her deceased mother was the one who gave name its name. The goat reminded her very much of her mother because there was once a time that both Gima and her mother were sick and much to their expectation, her mother died instead of Gima. Accompanied by his sister Lita (Monica Joy Camarillas), Peping traverse the small island of Batanes where they live, in hope to find their kadin before nightfall.
- Rico Mark Cardona -Peping
- Monica Joy Camarillas - Lita
- Angel Aquino
- Simon Ibarra
- Servilino Alavado
- Florencia Cardona
- Ursula Gecha
 Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival(2007
- Best Cinematography- Rodolfo Aves Jr.
- Best Original Music Score- Jerrold Tarog
|“||The cinematography together with the slow pacing creates an effect of a satisfying boredom...The acting convinces me and touches me in many parts of the film...though theres a little flaw like in the opening scene. Overall, Kadin is a good film everyone must see; this is not just about a goat but discover how it also integrates all the beauty of Batanes and all these feed right into your very eyes, in just one sitting.||”|
|“||Kadin’s story shows a slow progression because of putting stress in the search of the missing goat that makes the film a little boring to watch...Kadin is more of content than in form. Those who are into productions will more likely to appreciate this film||”|
 External Links
- Paolo. "Kadin" My Life... My World. Multiply, 29, July 2007. http://paouiii07.multiply.com/reviews/item/4 (accessed on April 9, 2008).
- Papi. "Kadin." No Orgy. Multiply, 25 July 2007. http://vincigroyon.multiply.com/reviews/item/104 (accessed on April 9, 2008).
- "Cinemalaya 2007: The Neww Breed. Color Me Bleue. 4 August 2007. http://bleue.i.ph/blogs/bleue/2007/08/04/cinemalaya-2007-the-new-breed/ (accessed on April 9, 2008).
- Kadin. IMDb. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1069260/ (accessed on April 9, 2008).