Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas
The Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas (KBP) or (Association of Broadcasters of the Philippines) is an organization established by broadcast media practitioners to regulate the industry and elevate standards, promote social change, help disseminate government information, strengthen trade ties with the advertising industry, and promote the public welfare.
It was organized on April 27, 1973 by the country's major radio and television networks.
In its effort to assure the highest standards of broadcast professionalism, KBP has published a Radio Code and a Television Code, which are manuals of the order of things for broadcast practitioners in their search for what is good, proper, and professional. Both codes are carefully evaluated every year to assure each industry’s growth.
- Through self-regulation and responsible broadcasting, the KBP will advance and sustain the highest standards in the broadcast industry.
- The KBP will uphold the social, cultural and economic development of the nation.
- The KBP will promote the welfare of its members and the broadcast industry at all times, mindful of its duty to God, country and people.
- That KBP will defend and uphold press freedom, free speech and expression and the right of the people to public information.
- That KBP will encourage and enhance the practice and development of the highest ethical standards and values in our broadcast content and services.
- That KBP will promote the highest level of professionalism in the practice of the broadcast profession.
- That KBP will strive to foster and preserve unity and promote fair competition amongst our members and in the communities where we operate.
- That KBP will adopt the latest trade practices and feasible technologies that promote the economic viability of the broadcast industry.
- That KBP will contribute in the promotion of economic, social and cultural development of our nation and advocate concern for the environment.
The following are the programs and projects of KBP to achieve the aims and purposes of the organization:
- Broadcast Code - is the set of standards of performance and ethical conduct governing the broadcast of radio and television stations that are members of the KBP.
- Standards Authority - is composed of 13 directors, responsible for enforcing the Broadcast Code and conducts hearings on complaints of its violations.
- Broadcast Journalism Training - aims to develop a more professional group of Filipino broadcast journalists.
- Public Service Advocacy - initiates social advocacy and other campaigns like health, voters’ education and children’s welfare.
- Screening of Advertisements - screens advertisements for broadcast
- Technical Standards - the KBP works with the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) in formulating technical standards, policies, and rules on the use of broadcast frequencies.
- Collection Service
- Radio Research Council - plan and initiate radio audience survey together with Philippine Association of National Advertisers (PANA) and the Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies (4A’s).
- Announcers’ Accreditation - its aim is to raise the standards of professionalism in the industry.
- Sales Directors’ Meetings - aims to promote better use of radio as an advertising medium.
- Ad Agency Accreditation - assesses creditworthiness of agencies
- Golden Dove Awards
- Radio Ad Awards
- Local Leadership Conference
- Top Level Management Conference
- Office Address: 6th Flr., LTA Building, 118 Perea St. Legaspi Bldg., Makati Avenue, Cor. Gen. Luna, Makati City, MM
- Tel. No.: (02) 815.1990 to 92
- Fax No.: (02) 815.1993
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Official Website of KBP. (accessed on August 27, 2008).
- "KBP at Friendster" http://profiles.friendster.com/49663373 (accessed on 18 Nov 2007)
- "Philippine Communication Centrum" http://www.aijc.com.ph/pccf/observatory/massmedia/observatory-massmedia-print-kbpradio.htm (accessed on 18 Nov 2007)
[jalal m. dita is the one of Kbp MARAWI CITY lanao del sur]