John Bosco College
JBC was first established in 1963 as the John Bosco Technical High School for boys by the Don Bosco Fathers. The school was located at the former parish convent at Mangagoy and used part of the church as classrooms. In 1967, its first batch of students graduated. The following year, High School girls of nearby St. Margaret Mary's School were transferred to John Bosco and in 1969, John Bosco High became a coeducational institution by merging with St. Margaret Mary's, which was originally the Bislig Bay Elementary School that was established in 1950. The following year, the merging of the two schools was completed.
In 1977, the adminsitration and supervision of John Bosco was formally turned over to the De La Salle Brothers in the Philippines. The school was then appointed a Brother-Supervisor, Br. Thomas Cannon FSC; the school's first Director was Manuel C. Fabella. In 1983, John Bosco, and the Jose M. Soriano Learning Center, a La Salle-Supervised school in Coleto, also in Bislig, that was established in 1974, were merged. The Learning Center was then phased-out and all of its operations were transferred to John Bosco.
- The white shield with a tower and cross symbolizes the school's being a Catholic institution.
- The Chi-Rho in the upper corner of the crest is the sign of peace.
- The gold star is the De La Salle Brothers' Signum Fidei or Star of Faith.
- Three broken chevrons on the white shield signify St. John Baptist De La Salle, founder of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools.
- Significant Events in the History of John Bosco College
- Erquiza, N. (2006). John Bosco College. Philippine Lasallian FaMiLi, 8, pp. 9.