Joaquin "Titong" Roces
From Wikipilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Joaquin "Titong" Roces y Reyes was born on September 28, 1919 to Rafael Filomeno Roces and Inocencia "Enchay" Reyes. He is married to Lita Bautista and they have two children namely: Teresita "Chit" Roces, and Danilo Roces.
- Ateneo de Manila University - Elementary and High School
- University of Manila - he went to law school
- He used to write for the Ateneo's basketball team.
- He became a contributor Liling's Sports magazine.
- He became columnist of My Daily Bread, a column he wrote during the early 50's with the Manila Times.
- He was also a writer in Women's magazine.
- He had a column called "This my own" which he once wrote for the Manila Times and Malaya.
- In 1995, he bacame the as a publisher of magazine (Liwaway); and newspaper (Balita) of Manila Bulletin.
- He was an English and Law professor at the Far Eastern University. He also became an adviser of "Advocate", the university's school paper.
- He was appointed as ambassador to Taipei during Cory Aquino's presidency.