Igorota, the Legend of the Tree of Life
Igorota, the Legend of the Tree of Life is a 1968 dramatic movie directed by Luis Nepomuceno, Jr. It was an attempt by Nepomuceno productions to make a Tagalog movie for international release and distribution.
The movie tells the tale of an Igorot maiden who falls in love with a man from the city. They insist on being married, despite the protests of the families. The Igorot maiden suffers years of constant humiliation from her Manila in-laws, who ridicule her provincial lifestyle and dress. Finally, the couple moves to her family's territory where the groom is felled by the axe of a clan member.
- Ric Rodrigo ... Albert
- Charito Solis ... Princess Maila
- Eva Darren
- Fred Galang ... Agpo
- Eddie Garcia ... Mike
- Lanie Gentica ... Lanie
- Mario Monte ... Prince Kadangyan
- Ben Perez ... Apo Pulog
- Directed by: Luis Nepomuceno
- Written by: Luis Nepomuceno
- Original Music by: Tito Arevalo
- Cinematography by: Loreto Isleta
- Film Editing by: Elsa Abutal
- Sound by: Juanito Clemente
- Tobias, Mel. One hundred acclaimed Tagalog movies. Canada: Peanut Butter Publishing, 1998.
- "Igorota at imdb.com" http://posters.imdb.com/title/tt0225968/ (accessed on 27 Nov 2007)
- "Igorota at NY Times movies" http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/96260/Igorota-the-Legend-of-the-Tree-of-Life/overview (accessed on 27 Nov 2007)