Georgina Wilson (born Georgina Diaz Wilson on 12 February 1986) is an internationally-known half-Filipina, half-British model. , and television host. Considered as the face of local music channel Channel V Philippines, she is one of the channel's video jocks (VJ) and is also one of the models of Bench Body.
Early life and family
Wilson is part of the prominent Diaz clan, a well-known showbiz family. Her mother is Aurora Diaz .and her father is a British MBA degree holder. She is the eldest among three siblings—her younger sister is Jessica and the youngest is Samuel. Her aunt is former Miss Universe Gloria Diaz and her cousin is Isabelle Daza, also a prominent model. She is not related to her namesake, former Bb. Pilipinas-World Maggie Wilson.
Wilson shares that she has always loved music and as a girl, she has grown up fascinated with female disc jockeys (DJ) who manage to interview artists from different musical genres. Wilson relates how becoming a VJ has always been her dream and that her current stint as the main face of Channel V Philippines is the stepping-stone in achieving it.
Wilson graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, double major in Finance and Accounting.
Wilson was in a relationship with Filipino actor Richard Guttierrez. After her breakup with Gutierrez, Wilson dated a London-based chief executive officer, who is nine years her senior. The executive has been to the Philippines several times to visit Wilson’s family and to spend time with her, also attending her various shoots during his free time.
Latest reports have confirmed that Wilson is steadily dating Filipino model and actor Borgy Manotoc who is the son of Ilocos Norte governor Imee Marcos and the grandson of former President Ferdinand Marcos. The couple posed nude for Preview Magazine with nothing else but animal-print accessories on the cover spread of the March 2011 issue.
Despite being offered a job at an accounting firm in London, Wilson reportedly chose to go back to Manila. She believes that “the next wave of growth” is in Asia, and she prefers to invest on her career where the development will come from. Despite this decision, she also admitted in an interview with the Philippine Star that the job in London is still open for her should she choose to come back and work there.
Wilson is also gaining popularity in the international scene as she has scored hosting stints in Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, and Korea. She landed a cameo in the music video of a K-pop group 2PM.
Wilson is currently managed by Wyngard Tracy.
- Century Tuna
- Cream Silk
- Red Horse Beer
- Will Cologne for Bench
- Bench Body
- L Time Studio
- Meg November 2010 cover
- Cosmopolitan Magazine December 2010 cover
- Bench Lost in Summer Campaign, 2010
- Preview Magazine June 2010- A Tribute to Mcqueen 15th anniversary issue
- Maven Magazine April 2011 cover
- Blush Magazine April to May 2011 issue
- Mark Nicdao Vantage: Celebrity Photographs from 2003 to present
- Bench PinoyLab Iniibig ko ang Pilipinas Campaign, 2011
Possible acting career
Wilson has been offered acting roles but is unsure if she can venture into it.
Wilson was offered a role as ex-boyfriend Richard Gutierrez's leading lady in GMA 7's 2011 remake of Mars Ravelo's Captain Barbell. However, the movie was released February 2011 with Solenn Heussaff as Gutierrez's leading lady instead.
Issues and controversies
American singer-songwriter and music producer John Mayer was reportedly linked with Wilson when she inquired him as to why he had deleted his Twitter accocunt, he told her “You don't need to tweet me, here's my number” thereafter giving her his number.
Internationally-known Hollywood icon Kanye West was also reported to have asked for Wilson's e-mail address after Wilson conducted an interview with him for Channel V at Singapore’s Sing-Fest music festival.
In the local scene, Wilson has been linked to Filipino DJ Mo Twister, who was vocal about his admiration for Wilson.
Wilson was also linked to Willie Revillame after she became a special guest at the host's 49th birthday episode (7 January 2010) in the defunct show Wowowee. She also endorsed and became the face of Revillame's scent for Bench, Will.
Asked if Revillame was courting her, Wilson cleared up speculations by [http://www.pep.ph/news/25243/Georgina-Wilson-says-Willie-Revillame-is-not-courting-her stating that she and Revillame are merely friends and that there is nothing else going on between them that should be turned into an issue.
- She reads and follows the tweets of Paolo Coelho.
- She reads The Economist (the only magazine she professes to read religiously) and admires any writer who writes and can write for the magazine.
- She can speak Filipino fluently.
- She can cook a five-course meal.
- She is a self-confessed “techie” and “futurist”.
- Her favourite bag brands are Balenciaga and Chanel.
- Godinez, Bong. Georgina Wilson still undecided whether to join showbiz or not. Philipine Entertainment Portal (accessed 19 May, 2011)
- Gutierrez, Raymond. Georgina Wilson: Borgy's babe. The Philipine Star online (accessed 18 May 2011)
- Lorenzana, Paolo. Georgina Wilson. Rogue Magazine online (accessed 18 May 2011)
- Pagsolingan, Karen. Anne Curtis, Georgina Wilson, and Liz Uy talk about their "date" on Valentine's Day. Philipine Entertainment Portal (accessed 18 May 2011)
- Sibonga, Glen. Georgina Wilson not yet sure about accepting offer to co-host Wowowee. Philipine Entertainment Portal (accessed 18 May 2011)
- John Mayer to Georgina Wilson: "You don't need to Tweet me. Here's my number." Spot.ph (accessed 18 May 2011)
- GEORGiNA WiLSON: "Leighton Meester of the Philippines". PinoyExchange.com (accessed 18 May 2011)
- Georgina Wilson Covers ABS-CBN's Newest Magazine Maven Starmometer online (accessed 18 May 2011)
- Borgy Manotoc & Georgina Wilson- Preview March 2011 Cover. Starmometer blog (accessed 18 May 2011)
- On the Spot: Georgina Wilson. Spot.ph (accessed 18 May 2011)
- John Mayer smitten by Georgina Wilson. Philippine Inquirer online (accessed 18 May 2011 but link has since been truncated)