Forest Management Bureau
Forest Management Bureau (FMB) integrated and absorbed the powers and functions of the Bureau of Forest Development (BFD) and the Wood Industry Development Authority (WIDA) except those line functions and powers which were transferred to the Regional Field Offices.
On June 10, 1987, Executive Order No. 192 reorganized and created the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, and among others, the Forest Management Bureau. It is headed by a Director and assisted by an Assistant Director. It operates with five (5) technical divisions namely: Reforestation Division, Natural Forest Management Division, Community-based Forest Management Division, Forest Land Uses Division and Forest Economics Division. The Forest Management Bureau (FMB) building is located along Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, PHILIPPINES.
Three Support Services
1. The Planning and Project Management Services Division is under the Office of the Director. This is responsible for the following functions:1) developing guidelines for the preparation of short/medium/long-term development plans and projects following the principle of multiple-use and sustained yield forest management; 2) developing /recommending standards for the evaluation of forestry development projects and performance of forest users; 3) provision of technical assistance to DENR-field operations in the preparation and evaluation of operation plans and projects in forest management; and 4) performing other functions as may be assigned by higher authority.
2. The Administrative Services Division provides personnel management, budgeting, accounting, cashiering and general services requirement of the Bureau. It also supports the technical divisions and forestry related projects of FMB in achieving its goals towards the improvement and efficiency in service of the Bureau and provides assistance to the public clientele and other.
3. The Legal Division, in coordination with the Legal Affairs and Management Services Office, DENR provides application and/or promulgation of forest resources development laws, rules and regulations; gathers, collects and collates evidence for use in the enforcement or prosecution of violation of forestry laws, rules and regulations; conduct legal research on recent decisions, related subjects; appear in courts and administrative bodies in behalf of the Department and/or Bureau in cases related to the functions of their office; assist the regional legal division in resolving complex legal problems involving forestry matters ; recommends in coordination with other organization units of the Department/Bureau in the formulation of, and amendments to policies, laws, rules and regulations; and performs such other related functions that may be assigned by higher authorities.
- "Forest Management Bureau "
http://forestry.denr.gov.ph/struct1.htm (accessed on 20 July 2007)
- "Forest Management Bureau "
http://forestry.denr.gov.ph/ (accessed on 20 July 2007)