|Dr. Ester Garcia|
|Field/s of Study:||information technology, science, and math education|
Dr. Ester Garcia is the chairman of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and president of the University of the East. Her areas of expertise are information technology, science, and math education.
Garcia was on Leyte State University’s Board of Regents and later became a commissioner by virtue of her ascendancy to the chairmanship of CHED. She is also director of the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities, chair of the Technical Panel for Science and Mathematics of the CHED Center of Development in Mathematics, and chair of the IT Dynamics Group.
She belongs to two committees of the Presidential Commission on Educational Reform: the Governance Committee and committee on Information Technology, Science/Math Education and Other Technologies or ITSMEOT.
Garcia supported the Leyte State University administration in initiating an eco-tourism project that would showcase the diversity of rainforests and promote awareness and appreciation.
She supported the University of Santo Tomas's petition for the deregulation act that lets its administration take full control of the university. The Board of Trustees of the university will have the authority to decide on issues like what new courses are to be offered and others. The university will also be able to change their rules and programs and special orders for its graduating students.
She also co-founded the Job Corps national validation committee, which aims to provide criteria and direction on the screening of cadets for placement as shipboard apprentices.
- Reactor, Industry's ICT Talent Requirements & Industry's Role in ICT Talent Development. Audio-Visual Room, CICT Building, C.P. Garcia Ave., Diliman, Quezon City. 8 August 2008
- PCER (Accessed on July 27, 2009)
- PCER Composition
- “CHED Chair Garcia Lauds LSU’s Eco-Tourism Project”
- “UPBaguio is CHED’s Center of Development in Mathematics in Northern Luzon”. ‘’Ti Simila’’. October 2006
- [http://www.uniffors.com/?p=1296 “Arroyo lifts tuition cap for private colleges
but requires consultations with parents”. ‘’Philippine Daily Inquirer’’. 09 January 2008]
- “Awtonomiya sa UST, Iginawad”
- Service Science, Management and Engineering (SSME) Conference
- CHED Memorandum Order
- “445 Maritime Cadets Screened for Apprenticeship