|Born:|| December 12, 1935|
Epimaco A. Velasco was born on Decemeber 12, 1935 in Tanza, Cavite. He finished his college at the Lyceum of the Philippines with a Bachelor of Laws(1960). A Virtuous man dedicated to duty, Epimaco A. Velasco rose from the ranks to become one of the most admired directors of the National Bureau of Investigation. As an agent, he worked hard to solve many baffling cases, and as Bureau chief, he spearheaded the NBI in its quest to solve crimes and at the same time, to curb corruption among its ranks.
- Secretary, Department of Interior and Local Government (Feb 2, 1998 to Jun 28, 1998)
- Provincial Governor of Cavite (1995-1998)
- Director, National Bureau of Investigation (1992-1995)
- Assistant Director, National bureau of Investigation (1988-1992)
- Acting Director, National Bureau of Investigation (1992)
Epimaco A. Velasco, native of Cavite, first served as a helper in the city court of Manila (1955-1962) while studying. In his determination to succeed, he entered any opportunity for the better of his career. Until in 1960 when he finally graduated and attained a Bachelor of Laws. 2 year after he entered the agency of NBI and became a NBI Agent I. Until 1988 when he became the Assistant director of the department, and then until 1992 when he finally became the director of the department.
Inspired by his story, of his determination of success. His life story was made into a movie entitled "Epimaco Velasco:NBI " portrayed by Fernando Poe jr.
Awards and recognitions received
- Presidential Commendation - In connection with the operation which resulted in the killing of Nardong Putik, Public Enemy No.1 of Cavite.
- 1991 Gintong Ama Awardee for public service.
- 1993 Most Outstanding Alumnus, College of Law, Lyceum of the Philippines.
- September 22, 1993, 1st Place-Hall of Fame/ Hoy Gising Award given by ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation during the 1st Anniversary of HOY GISING!, a public service TV program.
- January 1994 - No. 6 among 24 outstanding Public Servants as cited by Senator Ernesto Maceda.
- January 6, 1994- Fighting Cock Special Award, Progressive Alliance of Citizens for Democracy (PACD)
- May 1994 Dean Marcos Herras Award, Most Outstanding National Official, International Rotary Club District 3780.
- 1997 Gintong Ama Awardee for Public Services.
--Michael777 04:22, 4 December 2010 (EST)