Dina S. Ocampo
Dina Joana S. Ocampo is a Filipino educator and researcher on early literacy, best known for authoring the Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda (BESRA) for the Department of Education (DepEd) in 2006.
Currently an associate professor at the University of the Philippines College of Education, Ocampo is also the sectoral representative for researchers of the Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY).
She is one of the founders of Wordlab School, Inc., a reading clinic and school which provides specialized instruction for children with dyslexia and other related learning disabilities.
Ocampo is also one of the awardees of the 2007 The Outstanding Women in the Nation's Service (TOWNS) and the 2009 Search for Outstanding Teacher (SOT), both sponsored by the Metrobank Foundation. She also served as a judge for the Short Story for Children category of the 2009 Palanca awards.
She is currently married to Adrian Cristobal, Jr., and has two children, Adrik and Alon.
- The Philippine Roadmap to Multi-literacy
- When Reforms Don't Transform: Reflections on institutional reforms in the Department of Education by Ma. Cynthia Rose B. Bautista, Allan B.I. Bernardo, and Dina Ocampo
- Slideshows on Philippine Literacy by Dina Ocampo - Slideshare.net
- The New UP Tuition Structure (The Devil is in the Details)
- Development of an early reading program for day care centers in urban poor communities in the Philippines by Dina Ocampo - Literacy.org
- Wordlab School, Inc. - Official Website
- Search for Outstanding Teachers 2009 - Metrobank Foundation
- Metrobank Foundation Honors Oustanding Women in the Nation's Service
- 10 outstanding women hailed including PDI CEO - Inquirer.net
- The secret of their success - Inquirer.net
- Philippine Board on Books for Young People (PBBY) - PBBY Board
- List of Winners and Judges for 2009- Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards Official Website