Colegio de Dagupan
Colegio de Dagupan
|Motto||Dat Deus et Laborant Homines (Gods Given Gifts Developed by Man)|
|President||Dr. Voltaire P. Arzadon|
|Location||Arellano st. Dagupan City,Pangasinan Philippines|
|Colors||White and Blue|
- 1987 - it opened its School of Aeronautics and offered the two-year Aircraft Maintenance Technology and Private Flying Course.
- 1989 - The five-story Felisa Arzadon Memorial Edifice formerly known as the Main Building was built and started offering Associate Courses in Computer Science, Secretarial, Electronics and Communication Engineering and BS Aircraft Technology.
- 1991 - it offered Bachelor degrees in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Mass Communication.
- December 22, 1992 - the school obtained college status registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and began offering Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering.
- 1993 - with the continuing increase of enrollment, the college opened the Felisa Arzadon Memorial Extension to provide more classrooms for the growing student population. It also offered BS Accountancy, BS Commerce major in Management Information Systems, AB Major in Computer Teaching and BS Aeronautics Engineering.
- 1994 - The Science Centrum was inaugurated, it housed all laboratories and computer facilities of the College. It was recognized as a virtual landmark in Dagupan City. During this year the Liberal Arts, Commerce and Accountancy (LCA) building was also opened.
- 1995 - the Engineering building located behind the Science Centrum was built.
- 1996 - located beside the Science Centrum, a new school campus came into being. Among the facilities added to the College were the Campus Quadrangle, a basketball/volleyball court, brickyard park, the College Printing Press and the Administration Building.
- In recognition of the noble achievements of this institution, Colegio de Dagupan was hailed as Champion in the search for the Cleanest and Greenest Higher Educational Institution (City Level).
- 1998 - the VPA-CS building was built. It houses spacious rooms complete with Monaco
student chairs, electric fans, cinema scope, chalkboards and tiled lobby areas. It also opened a new and bigger library equipped with air conditioners, Internet Terminals, video library, CD-ROM equipped computers and other innovative facilities located at the Administration Building.
- 1999 - with the exceptional cooperation shown by the Administration and students, the College was proclaimed First Place in the entire Region I for its Traffic Alleviation Program (Pila System). The competition participated in was "The Search for the Most Outstanding School Project" undertaken through the spirit of Voluntarism, and the judges included heads of the different government regional offices i.e., NEDA and CHED. In the same year, Ronald Bautista, a BSECE student, was the National Grand Champion in RPN 9 Battle of the Brains Year 7 defeating the bets from UP-Diliman and PUP- Sta. Mesa.
- 2000 - he new LCA Building was inaugurated. This building had an air-conditioned Chapel, a Clinic, a bigger Audio-Visual Room (AVR), HRM Laboratory, Offices and a number of classrooms.
- 2001 - installed the elevator in the LCA Building. First Higher institution of its kind in the Region.
- 2002 - Colegio de Dagupan was given Level 1 accreditation by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) for its BS Accountancy and BS Electronics and Communications Engineering courses.
- 2003 - accredited Level I by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) for its Bachelor of Elementary Education, Bachelor of Secondary Education, Bachelor in Science in Commerce with majors in Banking and Finance, Managerial Accounting and Management, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering. It began offering Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and the course Caregiving.
- February 2004 - Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) granted Level II accreditation to the College of Education for its Bachelor of Elementary and Secondary Education courses.
- January 2005 - Colegio de Dagupan as named now, was granted Level II - Formal Accreditation Status by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) in Bachelor of Science in Commerce Major in Management, Managerial Accounting and Banking and Finance Program.
- May 2005 - Level II formal accredited status was awarded to the Bachelor of science in Computer Science and the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology received its Level I Accredited status in November.
- November 2006 - Colegio de Dagupan was one of the Higher Education Institutions in the region that underwent CHED's Institutional Quality Assurance Monitoring and Evaluation (IQUAME).
- 2007 - PACUCOA accrediting team visited the institution for Level II formal re accreditation status for the following programs:Bachelor in Elementary Education, Bachelor in Secondary Education, Bachelor of Science in Commerce,Majors in Managerial Marketing, Banking and finance and Management.The College of Information and Computing Studies (CICS) was awarded "Center of Development in Information Technology". The College of Nursing pilot graduate batch of Colegio de dagupan topped the Nursing Board Exam for Nurses in the province of pangasinan with 64% passing percentage compared to other nursing institutions in the province and neighboring colleges and universities and again during the May 2007 CPA board exams, the highest in the province with 50% passing percentage and again with 63% passing percentage in the October 2007 CPA examinations with Ronald L. De Guzman having 90.71% mark which brought the college inside the top 20 best CPA schools in the Philippines. Colegio de Dagupan was Classified by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as Category A(t) pursuant to CMO No. 15 s. 2005. The Highest in the said category.
- 2008 - First College of Nursing Topnotcher, Ms. Rizza Armas Tamayo, 6th placer in the whole Philippines. The College of Engineering however triumphed over different schools with its new 23 set of fine produced engineers. In the same year Colegio de Dagupan installed the regions first Automated ID system using microchips embedded inside the student iD's which revolutionized the region drastically.
- 2009 - The insititution openned its multimillion gymnasium inside lesiure Coast resort. Equipped with centrallized airconditioning and automatic sensors for bathrooms, drastically remodelling te region.Colegio de Dagupan acquired a deregulated status starting this S.Y. 2009. The deregulated status granted by CHED accords to a Higher Educational Institution (HEI) certain benefits and advantages as may be provided for by law Established a 100% passing percentage on the Licensure Exams for Registered Electrical Engineers and Registered Master Electricians. The national passing percentage was only 42%.Topped again the passing percentage in the Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination in the entire Pangasinan when its first time passers registered a 56% average passing percentage and an overall passing percentage of 50%.
- 2010 - Colegio de Dagupan is curently gearing up towards its application for University status.
- Colegio de Dagupan maintains its students and faculty at Arellano Street, Dagupan City. These buildings are acclaimed as the cleanest,most technologically advanced, earthquake-proof and the most attractive ones in Pangasinan.
Colegio de Dagupan currently has an open admissions policy to all those who wish to pursuea college education. Admission is based on the agreed academic and ethical standards as well as the student's willingness to abide by the rules, regulations and policies set by the College.
Admission of transferees from other colleges and universities shall be subject to the careful review of the credentials submitted to the College. Transferees must meet the requirements for admission similar to those who enter the College for the first time.
College of Information and Computing Studies
- Graduate Course
- Master of Arts in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- specialization in:
- Software Engineering
- Internet Engineering
- specialization in:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Associate in Computer Science
- Associate in Information Technology
- Computer Programming Course
- Computer Technician Course
- Network Technician Course
College of Engineering and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Associate in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Associate in Computer Technology
College of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Associate in Health Sciences Education
- Caregiving Course
College of Business and Accountancy
- Post Graduate Course
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Graduate Course
- Master of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism
- Bachelor of Science in Office Management
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce
- major in:
- Banking & Finance
- Management Accounting
- major in:
- Associate in Hotel & Restaurant Management
College of Arts and Sciences & Education
- Graduate Course
- Master of Arts in Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
- Policy Statement
- Implementation and Effectivity Period
This policy takes effect upon approsval of the Academic Council and after every semester.
- Rules and Procedures
Since this program is highly selective, only the top three (3) students who excel in the five colleges, in every level, will be awarded the prestigious academic scholarship. Students who top the list will enjoy the benefits of free matriculation and miscellaneous fees for the semester.
The 2nd and 3rd students in the list will be entitled to a discount amounting to half the matriculation fee.
To qualify as an Academic Scholar, a student should have a minimum load of eighteen (18) units for the semester.
Also, the student should maintain a minimum grade of 88% for all academic subjects and a minimum of 85% for non-academic subjects (P.E. and ROTC). Moreover, a student should not have any dropped subjects.
- Academic entrance Scholarship Grants for High School students
- The Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA)
- The Study-Now-Pay-Later-Plan (SNPLP)
- The Dagupan City-Illinois Association Scholarship Grants
- The Feliza P. Arzadon Scholarship Grant
- The US Veterans Administration Financial Assistance Program
- The Philippine Veterans Administration Financial Assistance Program
- The GSIS Financial Assistance Program
- Philippine National Police (PNP) Dagupan City Scholarship
- Department of Science and Technology (DST) Scholarship
- Likewise, government financial grants-in-aid (instituted by the CHED Regional Office 1, San Fernando, LU) are also available:
- The National Integration Study Grant Program (NISGP)
- The state Scholarship Program (SSP)
- The selected Ethnics Group Educational Assistance Program (SEGEAP)