Calvento Files: The Movie
Calvento Files: The Movie is a 1997 crime drama based on the now-defunct investigative crime show aired on ABS-CBN. The movie has two episodes: the first is entitled Balintuwad, directed by Laurenti Dyogi; the second is entitled Inay, May Momo and was directed by Michael de Mesa. Both stories are of betrayal, deception and death and talk about the circumstances that lead to the crimes, as well as people's efforts to pursue justice.
Episode 1, Balintuwad, is the story of a fifteen-year-old epileptic girl who was gang-raped and drowned by her captors the night she sneaked out to watch her sister's prom. Eventually, the perpetrators are revealed to be schoolteachers, the very people who are supposed to safeguard children's welfare.
Episode 2, Inay, May Momo, tells the story of a young mother and her daughter who undergo a terrifying ordeal when the husband is hacked to death by the mother's spurned lover. The widow presses charges against the killer, but the killer hounds both the woman and her traumatized daughter in an attempt to scare them to dropping the charges against him.
- Tony Calvento - himself
- Claudine Barretto - Valerie
- Rio Locsin
- Diether Ocampo
- Lito Pimentel
- Nonie Buencamino
- Ray Ventura
- Mylene Dizon - Miya
- Carol Banawa
- Director - Laurenti Dyogi (Balintuwad) / Michael de Mesa (Inay, May Momo)
- Screenplay - Ricardo Lee
- Cinematography - Ricardo Jacinto/Joe Tutanes
- Editing - Joyce Bernal
- Sound - Ramon Reyes
- Tobias, Mel. One hundred acclaimed Tagalog movies. Canada: Peanut Butter Publishing, 1998.
- "Calvento Files: The Movie at imdb.com" (accessed on 19 Oct 2007)
- "Star Cinema Movie Archives" (accessed on 19 Oct 2007)
- "Calvento Files: The Movie at Database of Philippine Movies" (accessed on 19 Oct 2007)