Bulaklak sa City Jail
Bulaklak sa City Jail is a 1984 drama movie written by Lualhati Bautista and directed by Mario O'Hara. The film signals the dramatic comeback of Nora Aunor, who plays the lead role of a pregnant woman arrested for murder and sent to the city jail.
The film tells the story of Angela (Aunor), a pregnant victim of a miscarriage of justice, her incarceration in a Manila jail, her escape, the delivery of her illegitimate child in a city zoo, he subsequent recapture, and her triumph in securing legal custody of her child.
This film was regarded as one of the best films of 1984. It was the first project of Cherubim Films and signalled the comeback of Nora Aunor after a bad spell in her professional and personal life. It also signalled the emergence of O'Hara as a major director in the Philippine movie industry.
- Nora Aunor ... Angela
- Gina Alajar ... Juliet
- Perla Bautista ... Viring
- Celia Rodriguez
- Maritess Gutierrez ... Patricia
- Shyr Valdez ... Yolly
- Mitch Valdez ... Barbie (as Maya Valdez)
- Zenaida Amador ... Tonya
- Toby Alejar
- Ricky Davao
- Carmen Enriquez
- Bella Flores
- German Moreno
- Edwin O'Hara
- Tom Olivar
- Gloria Romero
- Direction: Mario O'Hara
- Screenplay: Lualhati Bautista
- Cinematography: Johnny Araojo
- Music: Tony Aguilar
- Editing: Efren Jarlego
- Production Design: Tony Aguilar
- Assistant Director: John Portugal
- Produced by: Cherubim Films
- Tobias, Mel. One hundred acclaimed Tagalog movies. Canada: Peanut Butter Publishing, 1998.
- "Bulaklak ng City Jail at imdb.com" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0125025/ (accessed on 25 Oct 2007)
- "Bulaklak sa City Jail at Database of Philippine Movies" (accessed on 25 Oct 2007)
http://www.geocities.com/philmovies/films/bulaklakcityjail/bulaklakcityjail.html (accessed on 25 Oct 2007)
- "Bulaklak sa City Jail at Sari-saring sineng Pinoy" http://sari-saringsinengpinoy.blogspot.com/2007/05/si-angela-aguilar-ang-bulaklak-sa-city.html