Bicol Science and Technology Centrum
The Bicol Science and Technology Centrum (BSTC) is a museum devoted to promoting science and technology education through the use of interactive exhibits. It is a joint project of the local government of the City of Naga and the Department of Science and Technology.
Similar to other science centrums, the BSTC features devices through which clients can see, hear and feel the principles of the various areas of science. The BSTC has six main galleries:
- Main Gallery – has 65 interactive exhibits on different areas of science such as physics, mathematics, astronomy, electricity, optics, lights and sounds.
- Computer Gallery – contains computer units, all with Internet connection.
- Sci-Art Cubbyhole – features interactive exhibits meant for toddlers. The gallery is intended for the psycho-motor development of young children.
- Gallery for Future Bicolano Scientists – features research studies of students and amateur Bicolano inventors.
The following features are available only upon request:
- Skywatch Gallery - features telescopes for stargazing and a planetarium. The use of this gallery, however, is only available upon request.
- Traveling Centrum – the mobile science centrum, wherein knockdown exhibits and computers can be brought to the requesting school's area for an agreed period.
The Bicol Science and Technology Centrum is located at J. Miranda Ave., Naga City, and can be reached through the following number: (054) 472-41-21.
- Bicol Science and Technology Centrum. Accessed on September 24, 2007.
- Science and Technology Centrums in the Philippines. Accessed on September 24, 2007.