From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
The Anini-y Church, also called the St. John of Nepomuceno, is located in Anini-y, Antique. The first structure was built by Augustinians around 1630, its replacement was built from 1878 to 1879. The church was seriously damaged in 1902, but was not fully repaired until Fr. William Erickweld, a Mill Hill missionary, undertook to restore it in 1973.
The church's facade is a single rectangle topped by a triangular pediment, but its Baroque influence is shown by the play of light and shadow. Two pilasters flank the arched main portal, which is embellished with rosettes that run along the arch. This pattern is enchoed by the arches over the saints' niches, which are set on both sides of the main portal, and are each surmounted by a rose window. The pediment rises sharply at a tight angle, each corner featuring an urn-shaped finial. A three-tiered belfry rises to the left of the church. The base is a solid, almost cubic structure that is directly annexed to the main church. The upper levels are octagonal, but are wide enough to make seem almost rounded. A dome sits atop the bell tower, surmounted with a cross.
- Galende, Pedro G. Philippine Church Facades. Quezon City: Filipiniana.net, 2007.