Anerto Publishing Corporation
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Anerto Publishing Corporation is the publisher of Abante, one of the top three tabloid newspapers circulated nationwide, the other two being the Bulgar and Pilipino Star Ngayon.
Abante also produced more than five genre’ themed komiks titles in late 2002, each title contains one finite 32 paged finished story per issue with a tag price of PHP15.
- Abante Action
- Abante Drama
- Abante Horror
- Abante Komedi
- Abante Romance
- Abante Thriler
- Xerex Xaviera Illustrated
Abante’s Komiks appeared weekly and allegedly circulated in the hundreds of thousands all over the country, each title was in 32 pages, neatly and crisply printed in descent newsprint, in color (computerized), and whose creative stable were also sourced from the traditional mainstream of Atlas comics (now owned by the Ramos family of Natiional Bookstore) with artists such as Louie and Joey Celerio, Rod Manuel, Danny Ocampo, Vic R. Geronimo, Al Abet Chuela, Jess P. Olivares, Baggie Florencio, El Ortiz Luis, Rod Empania Manuel, Manny Pantaleon, Rol Enriquez, and Alfred Pacolor. Their main writers were Ofelia Concepcion, Tristan Lee, Danny Ocampo, Joanne Villamar, Geraldine Cornista, Almira Danganan, and Issa Uyco. All were shepherded under the editorial direction of Willie Fatal.
Abante’s Komiks were widely advertised through the Abante news tabloid, in radio, and in Manila, had stickers on newstands, transport terminals, taxi cabs, buses, cars, and jeepneys, announcing their comics line.
Abante’s entire comics line ceased publication in only about two years of operation.
- "Anerto Publishing Corporation." Komiklopedia, 31 July 2007. http://komiklopedia.wordpress.com/2007/07/31/anerto-publishing-corporation/ (accessed on September 04, 2007).
- "Dennis Villegas." Pilipinokomiks. http://www.pilipinokomiks.blogspot.com (accessed on September 04, 2007).
 Additional Reading
- Tony Velasquez Biography of the Founding Father of the Philippine Komiks Industry
- Ace Publications, Inc. The Largest Publisher of Komiks in the Philippines.
- Graphic Arts Service, Inc. The successor of the Ace Publications.
 See also
- / Philippine Komiks Creators
- / Philippine Komiks Characters
- / Philippine Komiks Titles
- / Philippine Komiks Serials
 External links
- Komiks Blog is a collection of essays on the history of Philippine komiks
- The Philippine Comics Art Museum Archive and Museum of Komiks
- Guhit Pinoy
- Larry Alcala