AFP General Headquarters & Headquarters Service Command
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
|General Headquaters & Headquarters Service Command|
|Country||Republic of the Philippines|
|Branch||Armed Forces Command|
|Role||Security & Administration|
|Camp Aguinaldo||Quezon City, Philippines|
The General Headquarters and Headquarters Service Command (GHQ & HSC), AFP traces its roots before World War II when the General Services Battalion at the Old Constabulary Barracks in Tondo, Manila moved to the Camp Template on 11 January 1935 with MAJOR MARIANO N CASTANEDA PA as its first Commander.
After the War in 1946, Camp Administration was effected by Headquarters and Service Battalion. On 15 October 1948, this unit was re-designated as Headquarters Service, GHQ, AFP. It became GHQ & Headquarters Service Group on 01 July 1957 and permanently activated as an AFP-Wide Support and Separate Unit (AFPWSSU).
A year after the historic February 1986 "EDSA REVOLUTION" the GHQ and Headquarters Service Group was upgraded and re-designated as General Headquarters and Headquarters Service Command (Provisional) and eventually as a regular command on 15 May 1987.
Today, The General Headquarters and Headquarters Service Command remains the vanguard of the central seat of the AFP leadership, the command and control as well as the communication facility of the GHQ, AFP.
To provide security, administration and service support to General Headquarters, Armed Forces of the Philippines and tenant units of Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo (CGEA).