2008 Palarong Pambansa
The 2008 Palarong Pambansa of the Department of Education Task Force on School Sports (DepED TFSS) with theme "Sports for Discipline. Teamwork and Excellence" will be held on April 20-26, 2008 at Puerto Princesa, Palawan. According to Puerto Princesa Mayor Edward Hagedorn, Malacañang has released P49 million to augment the funds needed for the games.
The sports event for the Palarong Pambansa is divided into two divisions-- Elementary Division and Secondary Division.
The sports included in the events are as follow:
- Gymnastics (Artistic,Rhythmic)
- Sepak Takraw
- Table Tennis
The Palarong Pambansa Board
Sec. Jesli A. Lapus
Undersecretary Ramon C. Bacani
- Undersecretary Vilma L. Labrador
- Undersecretary Teodosio C. Sangil, Jr
- Undersecretary Franklin C. Sunga
- Undersecretary Manaros B. Boransing
- Undersecretary Antonio A. Inocentes
- Assistant Secretary Jesus G. Galvan
- Assistant Secretary Teresita G. Inciong
- Assistant Secretary Jesus Lorenzo R. Mateo
All Regional Directors
- RD Ligaya Soledad T. Miguel
- RD Mario L. Ramirez
- RD Jesus L. Taberdo
- RD George R. Garma
- RD Paraluman R. Giron
- RD (OIC) Luisa B. Yu
- RD Celedonio L. Layon, Jr.
- RD Victoriano B. Tirol, Jr.
- RD Carolino B. Mordeno
- RD Sol F. Matugas
- RD Jesus L. Nieves
- RD Estrella A. Babano
- RD Susana Teresa B. Estigoy
- RD Luz S. Almeda
- RD Jesusita L. Arteche
- RD Benito S. Tumamao
- RD Teresita G. Domalanta
- ARMM Secretary
William I. Ramirez
Task Force on School Sports
- "Task Force on School Sports. Palaro 2008." Department of Education. http://depedschoolsports.wikispaces.com/ (accessed on March 28,2008).
- Palace chips in 49M for Palaro - GMANews.tv