10 Richest Senators
From Wikipilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
The list of the 10 Richest Philippine Senators is based on the statement of assets, liabilities and net worth (SALN) of the Senators of the Philippines in 2007. Also included in the list are their respective net worth.
- Manny Villar (P921.4 Million) - currently the Senate President, this real estate mogul turned politician is a few million pesos away from being a billionaire.
- Jamby Madrigal (P148.9 Million) - politics is in the blood of this granddaughter of the great senator Jose Abad Santos.
- Mar Roxas (P140.0 Million) - this 2010 presidentiable, known to many as Mr. Palengke, is one of the early campaigners going by his latest sorties, three years too early perhaps.
- Bong Revilla Jr. (P107.0 Million) - the actor-turned-politician still has strong ties to showbiz, recently landing a hosting job for a TV network show and releasing a new movie in a few months.
- Juan Ponce Enrile (P98.0 Million) - the veteran politician is a stockholder of several companies including JAKA Manpower Services and Canlar Holdings.
- Jinggoy Estrada (P83.0 Million) - acquitted of plunder charges in September 12, 2007, the son may also rise to presidential timbre by 2010?
- Pia Cayetano (P76.2 Million) - the daughter of the late senator Renato Cayetano is not only a politician, but also an advocate of sports, disease prevention, and health & fitness.
- Miriam Defensor-Santiago (P76.0 Million) - this controversial politician has time and again proven to be a force in the Senate.
- Juan Miguel Zubiri (P43.3 Million) - the former Spice Boy, scion of the famous Zubiris of Bukidnon, has emerged as one of the young guns in Philippine politics clinching the 12th and last spot in the May 2007 Senatorial elections.
- Loren Legarda (P41.4 Million) - this multi-awarded broadcaster and senator has topped senatorial elections and now leads the favorites for the 2010 Presidential Elections, edging out 4 other presidential hopefuls in a Pulse Asia survey in July 2007.