|Also known as||"The rap metal king of the philippines"|
|Genre(s)||Rap metal, nu metal, alternative metal, alternative rock, metalcore|
Dandee & Daly
The group was formed on 14 February 1997 by several students at UP Diliman, with original vocalist Reynold Munsayac; he was soon replaced with guitarist Jerry Basco's cousin, Jamir Garcia.<ref name=amg>Slapshock at Allmusic</ref> Heavily influenced by American East Coast rap, they played in clubs in Manila in the 1990s before signing to EMI Philippines (now PolyEast Records) and releasing their debut album, 4th Degree Burn, in 1999. The group has released six albums and been met with sustained commercial success in the Philippines, particularly with their third album, Project 11-41.<ref name=amg/> They were nominated for Band of the Year at the NU107 Rock Awards in 2001 and 2002, and in 2003 were nominated for Best Artist by MTV Asia. Bassist Lee Nadela was also named Bassist of the Year at the 2001 NU107 Rock Awards. The band also played at the Mapua Metal Fest, a foundation week festival held at the last day of the foundation week inside the Mapua Institute of Technology Intramuros campus
In 2007, Slapshock released their 2nd compilation album, "Recollection", a collection of their greatest hits and their new track, "Sigaw".
Pop Shuvit, together with Ahli Fiqir (Singapore), Saint Loco (Indonesia), Silksounds and Thaitanium (Thailand), formed a supergroup called Project E.A.R. (East Asian Revolution), which made their debut in the 2008 MTV Asia Awards in Malaysia
2009–present and new album
Slapshock is doing their 6th album entitled Cariño Brutal.Their first single is "Can't Stop Us Now", the single is available on their myspace.com/slapshockofficialmusic.
Slapshock is on shooting for the music video of "Like Eskimo", the second single from their 6th album Cariño Brutal
Slapshock has a music video, "Cariño Brutal" from their same title of their new album.
They will be also the guest vj artist of MYX for the month of August 2010.
- Reynold Munsayac - vocals
- Sam Santos - guitars
- Jaylord De Guzman - drums
- 4th Degree Burn (PolyEast Records "Formerly EMI", 1999) Platinum in the Philippines
- Headtrip (PolyEast Records "Formerly EMI", 2001) Platinum in the Philippines
- Project 11-41 (PolyEast Records "Formerly EMI", 2002) Platinum in the Philippines
- Novena (PolyEast Records "Formerly EMI", 2004) Gold in the Philippines
- Silence (PolyEast Records "Formerly EMI", 2006)
- Cariño Brutal (PolyEast Records Distribution, 2009)
- Back to the 2 Inch (PolyEast Records "Formerly EMI", 2003)
- Recollection (PolyEast Records "Formerly EMI", Dec. 2007)
- "Agent Orange"
- "Evil Clown"
- "Get Away"
- "Shezzo Wicked"
- "Wake Up"
- "Queen Paranoia"
- "Anino Mo"
- "We Are One"
- "Miles Away"
- "Marabahaya" (Project EAR)
- "Can't Stop Us Now" (Available On Their Myspace)
- "Cariño Brutal"
- "Like An Eskimo"
|NU Rock Awards
Best New Artist
| Succeeded by|