Sana Maulit Muli
|'Sana Maulit Muli'|
Life is a game of destiny.
|Starring|| Gerald Anderson,|
(see cast) for complete details.
|Theme music composer||Gary Valenciano, Angeli Valenciano|
|Ending theme||"Sana Maulit Muli" by Gary Valenciano|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||73 Episodes|
|Running time||20-25 min.|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original run||January 8 2007 – April 20 2007|
Sana Maulit Muli (I wish it could happen again) is a Filipino primetime soap opera produced by ABS-CBN. It is considered as one of the best television shows in the Philippines for 2007.  Its name is roughly translated in English: "I Wish It Could Happen Again".
Sana Maulit Muli is about two young lovers who discover how true love can overpower fate and destiny. Small-town girl Jasmine Sta. Maria (Kim Chiu) and Travis Johnson (Gerald Anderson), the illegitimate son of an American soldier, both meet as stowaways in a ship sailing from Cebu. They promise to write each other as they were separated but this promise is intercepted as soon as Camille Soriano (Erich Gonazales) deceives Travis by writing to him as Jasmine. In time, Travis' father dies and their family leaves for the Philippines only to meet up with both Camille and consequently Jasmine. A rocky start between Jasmine and Travis turns into friendship then real love. Jasmine learns later on of Camille's deception and soon after learns that Camille is her younger sister. In order to make amends with her sister, Jasmine gives away everything for Camille's happiness leading to the break-up. Due to the taunting of Travis' brother, a twist ensues as Jasmine dies by a bus accident
Given a chance to change destiny by the mysterious Mang Andres (Michael de Mesa), Travis leaps back in time to be with the person that he loves. Also, Brandon, (Jake Quenca)falls in love with Bianca, Clara's (Glydel Mercado) sister. Clara is also Camille's stepmom. Jasmine's mother,(Mickey Ferriols)is the true mother of Camille, which means Jasmine and Camille are sisters. But Camille does not know the truth. Also, back to the love affair of Bianca and Brandon, he is falling head over heels for her and she does, as well, after all the sweet visits of him to her photo shop. (Bianca is a photographer from Boston who moves back because of the break up of her boyfriend.) Finally, Bianca gives in, and she accepts Brandon, sleeping in his condo for the night which results to her getting pregnant. Back to Travis and Jasmine; Travis attempts to let Jasmine love him but the fact that Jasmine does not know about their love hinders Travis. Despite Mang Andres request to Travis of not to reveal what he knows about the past, he stubbornly continues to try and change everything. Every time Travis reveals something from the past, it ultimate causes a ripple in time. For one, he confronts Camille about her lie on being Poknat. However, Camille insists that she is indeed the real Poknat by singing Poknat and Bokbok's song and also showing Travis the heart of the friendship, the sandal (which in Book 1 Camille did not have). Thus, instead of trying to gain Jasmine's love again, Travis could ultimately be changing the fabric of time for the worse, for example, Clara, Camille's stepmom, dies of a fire because of Travis. Jasmine realizes because of her life that Travis is saving, other people are dying in exchange for her life. But earlier before then, because Travis saved st the bet, Jasmine and Travis won't be disturbed by him and they can finally be together again. Brandon and Bianca are a happy couple, married and in love, with a new baby son. Jasmine and Travis get married and she is loved by all who is around her. As a happy husband and wife, Travis is a doctor as Jasmine goes to law school and all is successful.
- Further information: List of Sana Maulit Muli episodes
- Kim Chiu as Jasmine "Poknat" Sta. Maria
- Gerald Anderson as Travis "Bokbok" Johnson
- Erich Gonzales as Camille Soriano
- Jake Cuenca as Brandon Johnson
- Gloria Diaz as Monica Johnson
- Mark Bautista as Francis Marquez
- Mickey Ferriols as Emily Sta. Maria
- Tonton Gutierrez as George Soriano
- Michael de Mesa as Mr. Destiny/Mang Andres
- Glydel Mercado as Clara Soriano
- Arron Villaflor as Kevin Roque
- Neri Naig as Bianca
- Nathan Lopez as Romeo Bato
- Marco Aytona as Bruce
- Kyle Balili as Tam
- Frank Garcia as Pete
- Jeffrey Santos as Arnold Bato
- Cheska Iñigo as Maria Bato
- KC Aboloc as Young Camille
- Celine Lim as Young Jasmine
- Francis "Iking" Magundayao as Young Travis
The two main characters each have their own love theme songs. The song for Travis is "Say You'll Never Go" by Erik Santos, and the one for Jasmine is "I Remember the Boy" by Sheryn Regis. The track "Isang Pangarap Lamang" was sung by Truefaith.
- Directors: Jerome Pobocan and Tots Sanchez-Mariscal
- Executive in charge of production: Roldeo Endrinal
- Executive producer: Brenda Lee Estopacio
- Production manager: Julie Anne R. Benitez
- Creative manager: Rondel Lindayag
- Head writer: Reggie Amigo
- Writer: Philip King
- A film with the same title was made in 1995. It stars Aga Muhlach and Lea Salonga, and was produced by ABS-CBN's sister company, Star Cinema.
- This is Chiu and Anderson's first teleserye on primetime.
- Its first title was My Destiny, but later changed to Sana Maulit Muli.
- The composer and the singer of the song "Sana Maulit Muli", Gary Valenciano, agreed to use his song on the series to represent the new generation of teenagers.
- The show's plot is similar to the plot of Jenifer Love Hewitt's movie If Only, which brought much criticism.
- ^ "ABS-CBN claims it is the No. 1 TV network nationwide" "Philippine Entertainment Portal", last retrieved March 28, 2007.