Felipe Lapus Gozon is a Filipino multi-awarded lawyer and businessman. He is the Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of Nomination Committee, Chairman of Compensation & Remuneration Committee, Member of Executive Committee, Chairman of GMA Marketing & Productions Inc, Chairman of Alta Productions Group Inc, Chairman of GMA New Media Inc, Chief Executive Officer of GMA Marketing & Productions Inc and Chief Executive Officer of GMA New Media Inc, GMA Network, Inc.
Gozon holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of the Philippines (UP) and a Master of Laws degree from Yale University.
Gozon is a partner in the law firm of Belo Gozon Elma Parel Asuncion & Lucila. As a distinguished aviation lawyer, he was a member of the Philippine Air Negotiating Panel. He is cited in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 as a leading expert in the said field.
He is also the director and Chairman of some of the subsidiaries and affiliates of GMA Network, Inc. such as GMA Films, Citynet, Scenarios, Inc., GWI, EMC Network Inc., GMA Kapuso Foundation Inc., INQ7 Interactive Inc., GMA Records and Mont-Aire. He has been Chairman of GMA Holdings Inc. since 2007.
He is also Chairman, Vice-Chairman or Director of several other institutions such as the Malayan Bank Savings & Mortgage Bank, the Children's Museum and Library Inc., the Asian Institute of Journalism and Communication and the Nova Foundation for Differently Abled Persons Inc.
Gozon's business experience include his service acting as Chairman of Marcopper Mining Corporation and Director of the International Corporate Bank.
On his free time, Gozon plays chess to de-stress. He also reads books with light and entertaining stuff. He also spends quality time with his family: wife Teresa Gozon and children Anna Teresa Gozon Abrogar, a junior partner at Belo Gozon Parel Asuncion & Lucila Law office; Felipe Gozon Jr., a junior law student; and Ma. Teresa Gozon, a sophomore medical student.
Awards and recognition
- CEO of the Year, UNO Magazine, 2004
- Master Entrepreneur of the Year (Philippines) 2004, SGV/Ernst & Young, 2005
- People of the Year 2005, People Asia Magazine
- UP's Distinguished Alumni Awardee, UP Alumni Association, 2008
- Media in Action Award, Philippine Media Enforcers
- Presidential Award of Merit, Philippine Bar Association
- Chief Justice Special Award, Chief Justice of the Philippines, 1991
- Marquis Who's Who in the World, 1991-1992
- Baron's Who's in the Asian Pacific Rim, 1992
- “Felipe L. Gozon”.Bloomberg Businessweek.(Accessed on 17 June 2013).
- “UPAA honors GMA Network's Felipe Gozon, Jessica Soho”.GMA News Online.(Accessed on 17 June 2013).
- “Felipe Gozon of GMA-7: Its us or bust!”.philSTAR.com.(Accessed on 17 June 2013).