|File:Erik Santos ESFO Pic.jpg |
Star In A Million Champion ERIK SANTOS
This image has an uncertain copyright status and is pending deletion. You can comment on the removal.
|Birth name||Rhoderick Ramos Santos|
|Born||October 10, 1982|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Actor, Commercial Endorser|
|Years active||2003 - present|
|Label(s)|| Star Records (2003 - present)
Rhoderick “Erik” Ramos Santos, popularly known as Eric Santos, is a Filipino male singer. He has been tagged as the Philippines’ Prince of Pop.
Erik’s first foray in show business was when he emerged as the first grand champion of ABS-CBN Network’s singing contest, Search for the Star in a Million.
Early life and career
Born on 10 October 1982 in Bagong Bayan in Malabon City, Erik would sing along with the radio when he was four years old. At six years old, he became a member of a church choir and joined local singing contests.
Erik earned academic recognitions and awards when he was in school. He went to college at the Centro Escolar University (CEU) as a Dentistry major, but this was put on hold when he joined a new musical group. The group failed to become a success, after which Erik shifted to Nursing in Emilio Aguinaldo College.
Again, he had to stop schooling when he grabbed the opportunity to join Star in a Million, a singing contest in ABS-CBN’s Sunday noontime show ASAP. He later earned the distinction of being the contest’s first grand champion.
Erik eventually went back to school and earned a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology in Centro Escolar University. He said that his diploma topped all the recognition and awards he received in his seven years in show business.
When Erik joined the singing competition in 2003, he was able to qualify for the monthly finals but got eliminated on his third week.
The contest eventually got its own time slot and Erik was called back for the Wild Card Round. His rendition of R. Kelly’s “I Believe I Can Fly” made him bag the show’s tenth and final slot.
He was later ushered in as a grand finalist together with Sheryn Regis and Marinel Santos. In January 2004, Erik’s rendition of “This is the Moment” earned him the grand championship award and the first Star in a Million winner.
Erik became a mainstay in ASAP and performed in a number of concerts and shows in the country and abroad.His first album entitled “This is the Moment” was distributed released worldwide and went platinum three months after its release.
In 2005, he released two albums, “Loving You Now” and “I’ll Never Go.” “Your Love” was released in 2006. He had a Christmas album in 2007 entitled “All I Want for Christmas.” In 2009, he released “The Jim Brickman Songbook.”
He is now in his third year in the industry and currently holds the prestige of being the top-selling artist of Star Records. His career is being managed by Boy Abunda’s Backroom Inc.
Showbiz Awards, Recognitions and Nominations
- People's Choice - Most Promising Balladeer
- Outlook Magazine's Top 10 Most Influential Youth
- PIPOL - People Of the Year Finalis
- Star Awards for Television: Best New Male TV Personality, May 26 AFP Theater
- This Is The Moment Gold Award, July 11 ASAP
- Awit Awards: Best Performance by a New Male Recording Artist, Sep 4 NBC Tent
- Aliw Awards: Best New Artist, Aug 6
- Star In A Million Platinum, Aug 21 SFSIAM
- This Is The Moment Platinum Award, September 5 ASAP
- Awit Awards: Best Performance by a Male Recording Artist, Sep 4 NBC Tent
- Aliw Awards: People's Choice Favorite Song - I Believe I Can Fly
- Dangal Ng Malabon - Gintong Parangal for the Performing Arts
- Chalk Magazine - Top 50 Phlippine Heartthrobs
- This Is The Moment Double Platinum Award, May 22 ASAP
- Aliw Awards: Night of the Champions for Best Major Concert (Collaboration), August 3 and acknowledged in ASAP Aug 7
- Loving You Now Gold Award, Nov 6 SFSIAM
- Star Awards For Television: Search For Star In A Million for Best Talent Search Program, Dec 31 Central Plaza
- MTV Pilipinas Music Awards: People's Choice, Aug 25
- ASAP Top 10 OPM Ballad: I'll Never Go, Jan 1 ASAP
- Homeboy No. 1 Awards: Favorite Singer, Feb 3 Homeboy
- MYX Music Awards: Favorite Male Artist, June 6 Onstage Greenbelt
- ASAP Platinum Circle, Dec 4 ASAP
- ASAP Pop Viewers Choice Awards 2006: Pop Male Artist, Dec 11
- ASAP Pop Viewers Choice Awards 2006: Pop Male Performance (Bakit Ba Iniibig Ka) Dec 11
- Yes! Readers' Choice Awards 2006: Celebrity Home of the Year
- IFM Pinoy Music Awards: Best Performance by Male Recording Artist, Jan 31 07 Metro Bar
- Pinoy Music Chart 2006 Artist of the Year
- Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Awards: Most Popular Male Recording Artist, Apr 30
- MYX Music Awards: Favorite Mellow Video, June 6 Onstage Greenbelt
- MYX Music Awards 2007: Favorite Male Artist, March 15, AFP Theater
- MYX Music Awards 2007: Favorite Remake (Your Love), March 15, AFP Theater
- MYX Music Awards 2007: Favortie Collaboration with Regine Velasquez (Bakit Ba Iniibig Ka)
- 2007 Aliw Awards: Best Male Performance in a Concert, Palacio de Manila, Nov 28
- IFM Pinoy Music Awards: Best Male Performer, Feb 1
- MYX Music Awards: Favorite Male Artist, Meralco Theater, Mar 26
- Catholic Mass Media Awards - Best Music Video for the song Balik Sa Bayan Oct 30
- ASAP Pop Viewers Choice Awards 2008 - Pop Male Artist Nov 16
- ASAP Pop Viewers Choice Awards 2008 - Pop Male Performance in a Music Video for the song "Here I Am" Nov 16
- 2008 Aliw Awards: Best Major Concert Nov 11
- Aliw Awards: Best Male Performance in a Concert Nov 11
- Aliw Awards: Best Collaboration Nov 11
- Awit Awards: Best Christmas Song for Ngayong Pasko Nov 26
- ASAP Pop Viewers Choice Awards 2008 - Pop Movie Theme Song "I'll Never Go" Nov 16
- MYX Music Awards: Favorite Male Artist, Meralco Theater, Feb 26
- 1st WAKI OPM Music Awards - Listener's Choice (Male)
- Erik Santos www.princeofpop.net (Accessed 15 July 2010)
- Home www.eriksantos.com.ph (Accessed 15 July 2010)
- Erik Santos No award can top my college diploma showbizandstyle.inquirer.net] (Accessed 15 July 2010)