|Directed by||Jade Castro|
|Starring||Jason Abalos, Ina Feleo, Tanya, C.J. Javarata, Ricky Davao, Alcris Galura|
|Music by||Owel Alvero|
|Distributed by||Cinemalaya, Creative Programs|
|Running time||96 mins.|
'Endo' (Love on a Budget) is an award-winning movie directed by Jade Castro. It was one of the competing films in the 2007 Cinemalaya. It also entered in competition at the Nantes International Film Festival in France. The film dealt with the lives of Filipino contractual workers. It stars Jayson Abalos and Ina Feleo.
The film was Rated A by the Cinema Evaluation Board of the Philippines.
Leo (Abalos) belongs to a poor family. Because he did not finish his studies, his only option is to work as a contractual worker in various establishments. In one job, he met a high-spirited girl named Tanya (Feleo) with whom he got romantically involved. In their relationship, he wishes to feel fulfillment and sense of security with her but he is not prepared for this additional commitment.
The title "Endo" comes from a slang expression that is used when a contractual worker goes to work for the last time, "Endo" being a shortened form of the term "end of contract".
- Directed by
- Produced by
- Cinematography by
- Edited by
- "It is primarily a love story; a well crafted one at that. It is the kind of independent film that one can really get behind and fall in love with."
- -Philbert Ortiz Dy, ClickTheCity.com
- "A well-crafted, affecting love story told from the heart. Inspired performances from everyone, especially from Ina Feleo. Clearly, filmmaker Jade Castro has a bright future ahead."
- -Vincent Nebrida, Film Distributor and Festival Programmer
- "Endo is told from a very masculine point of view but its emotion caters to all genders. After all, love is a human emotion that knows no sexual orientation. It's one of the best movies of 2007."
- -Kris Gazme, Star Cinema
- "Endo refreshingly refuses to resort to the standard tropes of movie romances and melodramas, and it's precisely this refusal that makes it romantic and moving. These characters move in an imperfect world that we recognize, and their indecision and turmoil could be ours as well."
- -Vince Groyon, Writer
- Best Actor (Jayson Abalos), 2008 Gawad Urian Awards
- Special Jury Prize in the Full Length Feature Category, 2007 Cinemalaya Film Festival
- Best Actress (Ina Feleo), 2007 Cinemalaya Film Festival
- Best Editing (JD Domingo), 2007 Cinemalaya Film Festival
- Arevalo, Rica. 20 April, 2007. "Teamwork at Play on the set of 'Endo'". Inquirer. (accessed on July 4, 2008)
- Erece, Dinno. 6 November, 2007. "'Endo' to compete at Nantes International Film Festival in France". Philippine Entertainment Portal. (accessed on July 4, 2008)
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn. 13 February, 2008. "Grade 'A' Indie Movie, Endo Today, February 13". Philippine Entertainment Portal. (accessed July 4, 2008)
- Dy, Philbert Ortiz. 11 February, 2008. "Jade Catrso: Love on a Budget". Clickthecity.com (accessed July 4, 2008)
- Panogot, Tinette. 2 October 2008. "Tirador hits bull's eye at 31st Gawad Urian". ThePOC.net. (accessed October 2, 2008.)