Donsol Eco Tour
Donsol Eco Tour is an eco-adventure group in Donsol, Sorsogon. The tour promotes and offers the Reef Check Eco Diver course and conducts coral reef surveys in the Ticao Island area. Donsol Eco Tour recognizes the need to address coral reef health and aims to provide area with information and volunteer divers to Reef Check for its various activities.
Donsol is affiliated with the Divers Alert Network Asia-Pacific (DAN AP) and the Amor Resort, Ticao Island Resort, Vitton Resort, Woodland Resort, and Giddy's Place.
Donsol Eco Tour and Reef Check
Reef Check is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the research, education, and conservation of reefs.
They aim to:
- Educate the public and government about the value of coral reefs and rocky reef ecosystems and their crisis.
- Create a global network of volunteer teams, trained and led by scientists, that regularly monitor and report on reef health using a standard method.
- Facilitate collaborative use of reef health information by community groups, governments, universities and businesses to design and implement ecologically sound and economically sustainable solutions.
- Stimulate local action to protect remaining pristine reefs and rehabilitate damaged reefs worldwide especially through the creation of Marine Protected Areas.
Donsol Eco Tours offers non-dive packaged tours for divers and non-divers where a diving certification is not required. It includes activities like 1-day interaction with whale sharks, river kayaking and a Firefly river tour. They also offer dive packaged tours including many of the same activities but with additional manta bowl dives.
- Asia Kayak Tours
- Scuba Seraya, Bali, Indonesia
- Bahura Resort, Dumaguete, Philippines
- Expedition Fleet for Tubattaha trips
- Greatest Dive Sites
- Dive Buzz Singapore
- Good Dive
- Donsol Eco Tour Donsolecotour.com (Accessed 12 April 2010)